F1 Kontrol, Traktor 2, and CDJS

Default F1 Kontrol, Traktor 2, and CDJS

OK, so I have traktor 2 connected to cdjs and I also bought an F1 Kontrol. What is the best way to connect the F1 so that I can pay my main tracks on decks A and B, yet be able to also add samples to my sets with the remix decks using the F1? Do I need a four channel mixer for optimum effect, or can I stick with my Rane Empath with the three channels? The way it is set up now when I play a remix deck it comes out of the same channel as one of the main decks (so deck c comes out of channel A at the same time, and deck d comes out of the same channel as deck b). Doesn't seem right. Am I missing something?

You have 2 CDJ connected with HID and using them as a (aggregated) soundcard?
    If you want your C/D traktor decks to be on a separate channel, you will probably need a 3/4 ch soundcard (Audio 6, 8, 10, Focusrite, etc) and connect 3rd output to your Empath
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    You have 2 CDJ connected with HID and using them as a (aggregated) soundcard?
    If you want your C/D traktor decks to be on a separate channel, you will probably need a 3/4 ch soundcard (Audio 6, 8, 10, Focusrite, etc) and connect 3rd output to your Empath
    Actually, I have my cdjs connected to the Audio 10. So are you saying that I need to connect a third output to either C or D (on the Audio 10)? But if I do that will I only be able to use one of my remix decks?

Tech Guru

You should be able to send both Remix Deck outputs to the same channel on the Audio 10
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by JP Blanchet View Post
    Actually, I have my cdjs connected to the Audio 10. So are you saying that I need to connect a third output to either C or D (on the Audio 10)? But if I do that will I only be able to use one of my remix decks?
    So, you're using timecode with cdjs. Like paying a hooker for a hug.
    Ok, doesn't matter. No, you need to connect C or D output on the Audio 10 with the third channel on your Rane Empath, like you have A and B. Simple. Then in Traktor you go to Output options and route C & D decks to the same channel on your A10, as makar1 suggested.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2