How to remix without stems
    Tech Wizard

Default How to remix without stems

Hey guys,

I`m just starting producing, got logic and building up my sound library. I'm really looking forward to totally Skrewing up the dynamic range of songs and doing shitty remixes; only question i have is how would I be able to get stems from songs? i know I can find a few on Beatport and there remix play section but thats it. Is there any way I could possibly find stems for other songs?

Also, sorry for the sucky spelling and grammar I know i suck at it.

Hey dude.

Finding entire stems for songs is a bit of a pain in the arse, as artists tend to only release them for 'official' remixes. For full stems, I'd suggest checking out somewhere like Indaba Music, as they run remix comps regularly, and always have the full stems for stuff kicking around.

On the other hand, my preference for remixing is just to get hold of the acapella. That way, I have to work a lot harder to generate an entire song, as I've got to do *all* the musical elements myself. Also, if you have a decent studio acapella, you can make a DIY instrumental, by inverting the waveforms on something like Audacity (way easier than it sounds - look here: ). Nicolas Riccardi has a crazy amount of both studio and DIY acapellas here: https://www.facebook.com/riccardinic...pp_14167664298

Hope that helps

Have you tried Soundcloud? I noticed DJ Vadim had the stems to one of his songs up. I'm not sure how common this is.

Tech Wizard

I haven't tried sound cloud yet. I was looking to do more underground songs to get myself out there... or try attest. That Inverting the audio was a great idea. I was kind of lost how he recorded only the drums from that track tho.