Concept: DJ Community Night
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Concept: DJ Community Night

Me and a few other Djs are getting ready to roll out a new concept in my city.

Our plan is for twice a month on a Wednesday night, to hold a session with all the local *working* House Dj's.
    We are meeting in a small room in one of the clubs we play, it can fit about 85 people.

9:00PM to 10:00PM Meet and greet hang out. a chance for all of us to talk about the local music scene, crowd reactions, new tracks we might have discovered. Etc...

10:00PM to 12:00PM everybody there gets to go back to back (3 songs) with any new track they found recently that they like. ie. I play 3 tracks, then my buddy plays 3, then someone else plays 3.

I think events like this will provide cool opportunity's for dj's to connect.

Also good practice for mixing into other peoples sets, and just generally make us all better djs.

I think this would be cool to do in other cities, tell me what you think!?

Tech Mentor

Great idea. Shame I do not live in Atlanta.
    For all my VCI-100 lovers view my step by step guide to moding your very own VCI-100 Arcade edition
    http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=56270

Quote Originally Posted by sobi View Post
    Want to get better? Two words... jesus pose. 60% of the time, it works every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Swift View Post
    Great idea. Shame I do not live in Atlanta.
    start one up! djtechtools was just an idea once.....

I think this is a great idea I'd like to start something like this in my city. To take it a step further how about get a place with a large screen tv and do a google hangout for people that cant make it to the physical meeting. How would you go about finding venues to meet at I'd really like to get something going.

Tech Guru

sounds like a nice idea.
    only thing thing tho, instead oh having people play 3 songs why not have a timeslot
    i guess it depends on how many people actually want do it.
    Last edited by enorjy; 06-25-2014 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by enorjy View Post
    sounds like a nice idea.
    only thing thing tho, instead oh having people play 3 songs why not have a timeslot
    i guess it depends on how many people actually want do it.
    that's the beauty, no time slots, just round robin mixing.

also this is not mixing for a crowd or anything, just djs playing around.

Sounds like a good idea but why are you limiting your event session to "local *working* House Dj's" wouldn't it be more beneficial and productive to invite a wide range of DJ's as well? like newbies who are aspiring to be DJ's and maybe other DJ's who specializes on other genre's for example. Not going against your concept here I think it's great, Just a thought
    MBP 13"| TSP 2.6 | MPD 26 | MF Spectra | 2x Stanton ST150 | NI Kontrol z2

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by 031999 View Post
    that's the beauty, no time slots, just round robin mixing.

also this is not mixing for a crowd or anything, just djs playing around.
    Mixing for other dis is just as hard.
    Also, its cause Im guessing everyone has gear they are comfortable with so that is why I said that.

dont do this at a venue
    do it instead at a location. i used to do this at a record store (sorry you cant find one now) but its what launched my personal podcasts, live shows, and in turn my entire radio station.
    I met more ds then i can fit into my phones contact list.
    This all started in 2000 and i STILL know most of these guys today 14 years later. Weather they made it onto the station
    or just to chit chat from time to time. the community is HUUUUGE! and the record store is but a memory.

The reason i say "dont do it at a club venue" its because attention is never on the conversation.
    All the ideas and discussions end up getting completely lost and almost never come to fruition.

Save the club part for LOUNGE TIME with the djs. Drinks, appetizers, meeting and handshakes
    but when it comes to the business talk, networking and such, get that into a more quiet setting

Last edited by feedbackl00p; 07-29-2014 at 10:28 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast