Programming non-DJ hardware to MIDI

Default Programming non-DJ hardware to MIDI

I was playing with a flight simulator the other day and I thought about how cool it would be to be able to DJ with it. It has a bunch of little buttons and knobs and I'm guessing the control wheel could be used as an effect controller (like a kaoss pad touchscreen). My question is, how possible is it to have this controller control Traktor or any program with MIDI input? I've been playing around with programming a Launchpad with all kinds of stuff in Traktor and love it.

There are loads of programs out there that will convert joystick/gamepad commands into midi. The only one I've ever used was Glove Pie (http://glovepie.org/glovepie.php) for a basic usb gamepad. It worked alright for what I wanted it for, which was just some extra buttons.

I'm sure other people will chime in with other/better suggestions though.
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Default Control

Quote Originally Posted by robdquick View Post
    There are loads of programs out there that will convert joystick/gamepad commands into midi. The only one I've ever used was Glove Pie (http://glovepie.org/glovepie.php) for a basic usb gamepad. It worked alright for what I wanted it for, which was just some extra buttons.

I'm sure other people will chime in with other/better suggestions though.
    I'm gonna try this today with my xbox controller and see what i can muster up. Thanks man!