Simple Solution to Save Master Loops in the Mix | Traktor

Default Simple Solution to Save Master Loops in the Mix | Traktor

Hey Guys,

Im playing thru traktor with 4 decks. For awhile now I have been looking for a quick and simple way to record a master loop and have it store to memory.

Within Traktor, I never seem to achieve a simple work flow with the Loop recorder.

Issues with Loop Record.
    Need to use remix deck to save loop.. it must play 3 times in remix deck to save.. cant load to remix deck without physically dragging to remix deck.. need to delete/clear recorder to start new loop or it layers.

Issues with Audio Mix Recorder.
    This method could be ideal and work flow is pretty great on this. I record a section of my session, and it appears there in my audio recordings instantly. Unfortunately, the audio does not Analyze (A sync) correctly. bpm and grid are constantly all over the place. So, Capturing is great but can not make use of the audio recorded for that performance. Perhaps some setting prefs could fix this issue?

External options :

Peavy DJ Loop Grabber.
    works decent in the moment- but does not save recorded loops

SoundBITE Pro
    This is seems to be an good option.. but expensive, very rare and totally discontinued.

Korg mini KAOSS PAD 2
    Not sure the work flow on this to record / recall and loop audio sections. im sure it is not going to sync or able to bend the pitch?

Other In the Box solutions.

Running in the background and routing audio Ableton live or Maschine?

Again, looking for the most simple solution. Thanks!!!!

Issues with Loop Record.
    Need to use remix deck to save loop.. it must play 3 times in remix deck to save.. cant load to remix deck without physically dragging to remix deck.. need to delete/clear recorder to start new loop or it layers.
    Audio mix recorder is not meant to record loops, you can, but that will add more work than other ways.

So you can use the loop recorder and have commands mapped so you don't have to move/drag it 'physically', all can be processed with the controller editor with midi commands. Recording, from a given source, transferred to a remix deck, erasing the layer, etc.. and the the rest will depend on your workflow (do you then use the loop itself, do you use the remix decks, etc). I don't do it but you can even save the loop directly as a remix set (which would save the loop directly without having to play it three times even if you probably want to save the 'set entry' itself, but that's a lesser evil).

Likewise directly with the remix decks, you can capture with them without having to pass through the loop recorder.

The only requirement here is having a controller with dedicated buttons to do all that. Cheapest and most powerful way if you haven't spare buttons, and by chance you have a tablet or smartphone either with ios or android, is TouchOsc. It will cost you only a few euros/$.

I'm not sure if I'm clear enough in the explanations but what I mean is that there are ways to auto-process most of the work easily.
    Last edited by Yul; 07-04-2014 at 06:17 AM.
    Latest mix

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.

There are a ton of ways you can do this, using key shortcuts.

You'll need one to change deck flavour to Remix deck, then some keys set to "Capture Loop from Deck X".

The commands you need are al there in mappings section....
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

There are many ways?

1. I really do not want to give up 1 of my decks to a remix deck, as I play with 4 decks.

2. I have done some testing using a remix deck to see how things work. Question: Are the Remix decks fully midi mappable? Ive mapped Capture from loop recorder and capture from decks, but are not functioning.

Setup: External mode / TSP 2.6.7 / X1 /Faderfox

Tech Mentor

You can temporarily change to a remix deck and save the loop. Once it's in a remix deck, the loop is saved and there's no need to keep the remix deck. Remix decks used to be quite limited in terms of mapping, but everything is fully open now.