Making a chill out set. Ableton live intro 8 or Full traktor 2.6.2

Default Making a chill out set. Ableton live intro 8 or Full traktor 2.6.2

Hi I wish to make a chill out set, but I am trying to decided which would be the best tool.
    I have ableton live intro 8 and traktor full version. I was thinking ableton arrangement view, but do you need to warp tracks if your not beatmatching per se?
    Or just record mix from traktor into audacity.
    I have a hardware mixer, numark m6 usb-
    ty in advance.

Tech Guru

I mean you can really do either one. I find mixing in Traktor easier, but some people prefer Ableton.

Do you have a controller for Traktor?
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

Mixing in Ableton would be tougher unless you had a dedicated controller like an APC40 or push or something. Also it only really makes sense if your mixing into your own original tracks as a sort of live performance set.

Personally I find Traktor the easiest interface to digitally mix with if none of the tracks are yours anyway. Simple, straightforward and reliable. Ableton clip launching can be problematic.
    reppin those deep underground European vibes out in the northern midwest

Techno, Deep House, Electronica, Ambient.

https://soundcloud.com/slightlydarkerblack

Quote Originally Posted by ConnectControl View Post
    Mixing in Ableton would be tougher unless you had a dedicated controller like an APC40 or push or something. Also it only really makes sense if your mixing into your own original tracks as a sort of live performance set.

Personally I find Traktor the easiest interface to digitally mix with if none of the tracks are yours anyway. Simple, straightforward and reliable. Ableton clip launching can be problematic.
    I see, it is what I suspected originally. Thanks fellow techtoolians.

http://www.mixcloud.com/theconsole/chill-out-mix/

Thanks again guys. I used traktor. The above link is to the results on Mixcloud. Let me know what you think.

if im gonna do a chill out set, and i dont want to hit the decks, i use ableton arrangement view, its good for coming up with ideas.

I preview the tracks in traktor, then go nuts in audition for chillout stuff. Prerecorded sets
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "