Traktor and VST plugins
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Traktor and VST plugins

So you think NI will ever allow plugins for Traktor? I know it would save me the problem of deciding to go with Ableton or Traktor(yes i know you can do both).

I was also just thinking.....

Is there anyway that you can Virtually route inputs to the "thru" channel so you could use tracks C and D to play sounds from another program (Fl studio, Synths, ect...)
    Dj Krilikz‡ -

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I don't think Native Instruments is ever going to offer plugins... or VST support.

I don't think you route audio to the thru channels, either. you'd still need to bounce it down. If you could it would make Traktor WAY powerful
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Sometimes i wish i could program.....

Maybe sometime during/after college ill pick up a few classes on it, team up with a few people and then make the best DAW/Dj Software EVER! then make millions...

We can all dream right?
    Dj Krilikz‡ -

that's what life is about.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Making money? or Dreaming?

j/p i know

Im surprised we havent seen that much new software out there. Deckdance is probably the newest that i have seen, however its too much like traktor.
    I have always been a firm believer of letting the user craft part of what ever they are doing. If any of you are gamers, you might know where im getting at.
    Dj Krilikz‡ -

Well, I'd love to have a software with a modular GUI. I'd move all of Traktor around if I could.

That needs to be the next step in this software. :-)
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Ohh thats a big one too. Thats has to be at least one thing NI could do for traktor, cause you can already kinda do it on that top bar.
    Dj Krilikz‡ -

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    I don't think Native Instruments is ever going to offer plugins... or VST support.

I don't think you route audio to the thru channels, either. you'd still need to bounce it down. If you could it would make Traktor WAY powerful
    You can always go to deckadance for VST support. Torq has limited support for VST plugins. The other way to get access to VST is to use Jack to route the audio into Ableton/Reaktor/Whatever to use their VST. I jacked Torq and was using it for DVS (digital vinyl simulation), but sent the audio into ableton for mixdown, which worked fine.

Bentosan's smart mixing tutorial shows you how to do all of that.

sgb

Tech Guru

You will need a separate interface for the other program, but this is possible. Just take the outputs of the other interface and patch them into the 5&6 and/or 7&8 inputs on the A8DJ (or whatever ins you have open on the interface of your choice). Then put decks C and D into external mode. This will allow you to add effects and mix external sources in Traktor. If you go the extra step of having Traktor send MIDI clock to the external app, they'll even stay in sync.

Quote Originally Posted by Krilikz View Post
    Making money? or Dreaming?

j/p i know

Im surprised we havent seen that much new software out there. Deckdance is probably the newest that i have seen, however its too much like traktor.
    I have always been a firm believer of letting the user craft part of what ever they are doing. If any of you are gamers, you might know where im getting at.
    Too much like traktor ?
    Its not enough like traktor !
    If deckadance could do the things traktor could i certainly wouldnt be using traktor and routing my audio which is a pain in the rectum compared to just dropping a vst into ableton.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast