Mixing Hip Hop acapelas
    Tech Mentor

Default Mixing Hip Hop acapelas

What I normally do is have my playl;ist of acapellas and one for beats, and i just go wild spinning back and scratching, novation dicers for my transitions.
    but I wanted a cleaner transition but this is how I done it i would record the first beat with the vocals let the beat run for abit then take it off and leaving the vocals on going (while recording) then i load that onto my deck and mix the 2nd beat in, if you know what im saying. I do this 4,5 times maybe on one acapella but its a lot of hassle doing it this way is there any other ways that I should consider ??? for something like soundcloud

Tech Wizard

I think I know what you're doing - kinda hard without an example. When I work acapellas I have all four decks of Traktor filled, and cut back and forth as needed so I don't have to keep loading stuff. I map it all out beforehand with cues, and of course have everything sync'ed so I don't have to worry about beatmatching at the same time.

I have examples on my Soundcloud acct if you're interested - it's just under b.ill.

Tech Mentor

thats weak

Tech Wizard

It works.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by b ill View Post
    It works.
    took the skill and the creativity out of it