Native Instruments After Sales Service
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Native Instruments After Sales Service

I bought a Kontrol F1 a few months ago. It works fine as a Remix Deck controller but i'm unable to use it in MIDI Mode on my Macbook Pro. Under the Control Manager when i'm trying to select the IN & OUT Ports for my mapping "F1" doesn't show as an option. However it works fine when I use it in a different computer. Very weird!

So I mailed them about this on 1st May, 2014. Since then we'v exchanged quite a few emails discussing the issue & trying to resolve it, It didn't work out. Tried all the common procedures they asked me to, None of it worked out. The last mail I received from them was on June 6, Since then haven't received any replies. I have mailed them 4 times since then asking for a reply to resolve this or get the hardware replaced since its brand new, No reply.

Really Pissed & Dissapointed with this service. Not at all expected from NI. Any ideas on what to do ? My whole purpose on buying this was to use it in MIDI Mode but its not working so its of no use to me. Any help would be appreciated.

Tech Guru

Give them a call, usually works much better. Email support is pretty shoddy.
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

Tech Guru

NI has a notorious past for really bad customer service or lack of any service, but fortunately they have gotten a little better. Best of luck.

Go on the NI forums and post this. One of the mods over there can push your ticket and get it resolved fast. I do this every time I have a problem. First time I didn't and it was a month before I got the controller back. Second time I PMed them and it was a week.

Tech Guru

You really need to call them as SlvrDragon50 mentioned. never had good luck with their email support.

Tech Mentor

If it works on one computer but not the other it implies a computer issue.

Are both machines running OS X?

My jog wheel broke and needed to be sent back so they emailed me a shipping label, but I don't have a printer, so they have printed it and sent it in the post. Just waiting on it being picked up, the courier should be here in 15 minutes. So I think their email service is pretty good, but I have seen a few people complain.
    S4+3D=FUN

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by teknik1200 View Post
    If it works on one computer but not the other it implies a computer issue.

Are both machines running OS X?
    Yes, Both the machines are running OS X, updated with the latest software, drivers etc.. Have followed all the basic procedures to check if its a computer issue as asked by NI Service team, No luck yet. Do note that other NI controllers such as X! MK2 work fine, Its just the F1 not working in MIDI Mode. However it did work twice or thrice out of the blue on random occasions. Very Weird!

PS : Got a reply from them. Apparently due to some technical error my ticket slipped out of their mailbox. Hope it gets resolved soon.

Last edited by feedbackl00p; 07-29-2014 at 10:27 PM.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by feedbackl00p View Post
    Have you plugged the X1 into a powered hub? It may make all the difference.

Recent Macbooks are plagued with USB power problems.
    Have tried it both ways. None seem to work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast