How do I make buttons scan through the track in TP?
    Tech Wizard

Default How do I make buttons scan through the track in TP?

Hey guys,

When I used to use my FMDJ9303 with Traktor 3.3, I could press and hold the forward and back buttons and they'd scroll through the track like I was spinning a vinyl record - it would be very, very smooth and useable.

Now I tried to set up the forward and back buttons similarly in Traktor Pro, it just jumps ahead and back in the song, kind of as if I was holding "search" on a CD player. I really don't like this, and it makes it really hard to scroll through the track to find the exact place where I want to play.

Any idea how to set the appropriate macro or MIDI control for this?

Tech Wizard

Ah I posted this in the wrong place. Sorry. Mods please move?

Hi mate.
    What you want to do is map two buttons to "Track Search/Seek" one for increase and one for decrease.
    Set auto repeat to on and set the button resolution to "Fine" or "Min"
    Now when you want to skim through your tracks when you hold the button it will scroll through the track pretty quickly for you.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "