Questions about DJing and Radio

Default Questions about DJing and Radio

Hey everyone!
    I am a college student and I am trying to start an internet radio broadcast (that part I have all figured out). The program I am using is made for DJing. So I figured since I am using a DJing program I might as well give DJing a try (I have beginner knowledge of DJing and have worked with turntables before). However, most controllers only have one mic input, if they have any. So I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for hardware (as I said earlier - college student - the less expensive the better) that I can use to still DJ and have 2 mic inputs. I am open to any suggestions or recommendations you may have and I appreciate it!

The denon MC6000 (MK1 and MK2) both have 2 mic inputs. There are probably other controllers out there that also have 2 mic inputs.

Which software are you using?? And how are you getting the signal out of that program onto the internet??
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by robdquick View Post
    The denon MC6000 (MK1 and MK2) both have 2 mic inputs. There are probably other controllers out there that also have 2 mic inputs.

Which software are you using?? And how are you getting the signal out of that program onto the internet??
    I thought about both controllers. Unfortunately, the MK2 is out of my price range and I cannot seem to find an MK1 for sale anywhere. I am using Mixxx and the signal is sent from Mixxx to a server and broadcasted.

yes i have the same question as Rob. Which and How...

Tech Guru

You are asking a broad question.

If you want a mixer...look at the A&H Zed 10Fx.

http://www.amazon.com/Allen-Heath-ZE.../dp/B003T77ZJU

If you want a sound card...look at the Focusrite Scarlett 2i4

http://www.amazon.com/Focusrite-Scar.../dp/B009B15N0Q
    Denon X1600, NI X1 Mk1 & Mk2, MF Twister
    Kontrol S2, Maschine Mk1, APC 40
    Retired: VCI-100 Arcade (Signed #198/300))
    BFM 10x DR200 & 10x Titan 39

I've done broadcasts (mostly ShoutCast & in MP3 format) using Traktor Pro 2 and a Denon MC6500 MKI. I do it the quick & dirty way using the hardware as an external mixer. My mic and any other audio from the Denon is fed into the soundcard of my broadcast PC, then picked up by my uplink client of choice (either Broadcast Using This Tool (BUTT) or SAM Broadcaster). Of course this doesnt provide up-to-the-minute track song updates or other content info, but it gets the audio where it needs to be.

The big question in your case is what DJ software you're using and how much $$$ do you want to invest in a controller.

you could look into usb microphones.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    you could look into usb microphones.
    I didn't even think about that! Do you have any good recommendations?

I am not sure if it is just because I created an account or not and that is why I can't respond or what. To answer everyone's questions I am using a program called Mixxx. I have used both Serato and Traktor before and if you have never seen Mixxx it is definitely a competitor (plus it is free). Basically what I am looking for is something (mixer, controller, combination or whatever) where I can both DJ and have 2 people on the mics. The Denon MC6000MKII unfortunately is a stretch for my price range and I cannot seem to find a MKI for sale anywhere. If anyone knows of a great mixer similar or an option in general I am open to suggestions! Thanks!!