VCI 100 - 14 Bit Firmware upgrade??
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    SamMc

Default VCI 100 - 14 Bit Firmware upgrade??

Does anyone know if and when the 14 bit firmware upgrade will be available for the VCI-100??

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

From what I've read around here, if it happens at all, it's going to be a while. IIRC, Vestax isn't releasing it themselves officially, so DJTT people would have to code it and that's not easy.

In short, I wouldn't hold your breath.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Thats anoying we want it now!

SamMc

Can anyone else shed some light on this? Will TT's new firmware cater for 14bit midi - at least on the job wheels and faders?

I understand it's all in the firmware, not in the hardware - so it is possible...

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SamMc View Post
    Can anyone else shed some light on this? Will TT's new firmware cater for 14bit midi - at least on the job wheels and faders?

I understand it's all in the firmware, not in the hardware - so it is possible...
    Er...

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    From what I've read around here, if it happens at all, it's going to be a while. IIRC, Vestax isn't releasing it themselves officially, so DJTT people would have to code it and that's not easy.

In short, I wouldn't hold your breath.
    I think DvlsAdvct has shone all the light there is, unfortunately.

SamMc

I was hoping someone is going to turn around and say 'yep, it's in the pipeline!'
    In my opinion it's now the 100's greatest downfall. Much of the similarly priced competition is now operating 14bit midi as far as I'm aware

Yeah, it's the 100's greatest downfall. And if you are going to use a midi controller for scratching and really serious manual beatmatching, then get the VCI-300. If not, then get the VCI-100. *shrug* What similarly priced competition is running 14-bit MIDI jogs, though?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Yeah i am dissappointed with the Jog wheels on the VCI 100. If the 300 had more knobs id swap in a heartbeat but i love the rest of the VCI 100 and i couldnt be arse with that FX control crap for the 300 so i guess ill hang out for the FW upgrade.

Seriously Vestax are dicks. They clearly arent selling many 300s (im just assuming) so why dont they update the best seller VCI 100 and sell even more of the buggers.
    Its not rocket science.

Even upping it to 10-bit (isnt that the actual max) would be a huge help.

SamMc

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    Yeah, it's the 100's greatest downfall. And if you are going to use a midi controller for scratching and really serious manual beatmatching, then get the VCI-300. If not, then get the VCI-100. *shrug* What similarly priced competition is running 14-bit MIDI jogs, though?
    Reloop are using 14 bit I believe - certainly on pitch, not sure about jogs actually?? It's a nice controller.

I had the 300 before and it was a lot more responsive than the 100 - but lack of customisation possibilities and simplicity of Serato made me swap for the 100. I love the 100, don't get me wrong, just would like to see 14bit midi as I am aware it's possible using the original hardware.
    Last edited by SamMc; 10-22-2009 at 03:46 PM.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE to see 14-bit. My guess is Vestax's next VCI will have it with the customization of the 300. Not really my guess but my hope. I'd be all up on that for a controller with no internal sound card set up like the 100.

It is possible, but I doubt it's going to happen
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast