Itunes Into software
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Itunes Into software

Hello all
    I've pretty recently started digital djing with ableton and now i want to use those tunes i bought off itunes a year ago, but obviously being protected aac files i can't. Does anyone know a quick way around this? I know you can record each one using software individually but this could be very time consuming, would there be a loss in quality?
    Cheers Robbie

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

WHatver you do you will lose some quality. Just burn them and rip them back.

Tech Guru

One thing to note is that itunes has been selling DRM free songs for quite some time now. Furthermore you can upgrade your songs to be DRM free as well as double the bit rate quality (from 128 to 256) for a fee. However even DRM free AAC songs will need to be converted to be compatible with Ableton. But I dont think you will be very happy with the quality of the sound of songs you burned to CD based on the 128kbit DRMed songs and ripped to mp3 from there. With 256kbit it would be considerably better, still not perfect, but that really depends on how you use the music and where you intend to play it afterall. Remember every conversion step adds artefacts and when you mix things together in ableton you are already adding one such step. If your samples have already gone through a few lossly conversion steps before, worse based on low bitrate quality, it will come out with lots of artefacts.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

I thought that DRM had been gone at least a year, I know the only tunes in my Itunes that i had to remove the DRM from were at least 2 years old.

What you cant get 320s off iTunes?! Duck Fat
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

I only buy from itunes when I know Im not going be putting those songs in my sets. Otherwise its Beatport all the way baby. All though I find there search function shit!

I have bought around 800 tracks from Itunes, you guys are making me feel like I need to go replace then and grab them from DjTunes lol

well 256 is fine to play with, but no giving you the option of HQ for your money is crazy and doesn't make sense to me.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ View Post
    well 256 is fine to play with, but no giving you the option of HQ for your money is crazy and doesn't make sense to me.
    well glad you said that, I won't replace them, stopped buying from there now anyways only buy from DJ Tunes as i like their ease of use website and simple to download as one zip

Mate we've rocked out with 192 vbrs! the thing is now that i only use 320s and platinum notes they are almost unplayable compared to

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast