Ghetto setup for 2 people mixing in traktor - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tech Mentor

2 screens setup in the OS as 1 on top of the other but physically side by side, 1 for the main window and 1 to show the browser would allow access from both DJs at the same time.
    There's lots of ways to work around the cueing problem. A switchbox or 2 mixers would do if you're using a soundcard like the Audio8 with 4 stereo outs. If you've got a 2 and a 4 channel mixer and a pair of phono splitters you could run 2 channels out to the 2 channel mixer for cueing and split the 2 channels so they also run to the 4 channel mixer where the other Dj could cue as normal with all 4 channels thro the master mixer, as it were altho the Dj connected to the 2 channel mixer wouldn't have a cue/mix knob.
    I'm pretty sure there's a switchbox with headphone connectors that would sit between an Audio8 for example and a 4 channel mixer to allow headphone monitoring for 1 of you while the other could plug into the mixer as normal - I can't remember the name of it tho lol

edit - I found a switchbox - Q2 Dual DJ Headphone Monitoring Device (designed to give dual DJ acts an extra set of headphone cues, 4 channel gold plated phono socket inputs of which 2 are line/phono level switchable and 2 are line level, ultra portable for touring DJ's) (headphone monitoring device)
    Last edited by Hippie; 10-25-2009 at 06:53 AM. Reason: added the Q2 info

Tech Mentor

I got a couple mixers so i might use them and see how i go. Ill give it a try later but just setting the master clock seems like the best idea. I can beat match pretty well as i mix on vinyl as well so it might be the best option

Quote Originally Posted by autonic View Post
    ...instead of cloning the desktop you could just stretch it and use (your) left screen for deck A & C and the other for B & D.

Probably will have a lighter impact on the CPU & GPU aswell.
    I cloned a screen last night, played for 3-4 hrs, didn't affect it at all
    I ♥ Tech-House
    Dell Studio 1537: 2.26GHZ, 4GB (Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit) Traktor Scratch Pro 1.2.1: 2 Numark TT-200, Stanton M-505 Mixer, 2 Mackie SRM-450 Speakers.

Who was the guy who started the Q2?

Was Zabiela huh?
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123