Traktor Overwrites ID3 Tags
    DJTT #1 setup pimp 2012

Default Traktor Overwrites ID3 Tags

I've been using my QuickTag App for a while now to add meta-data to all of my tracks for better organization (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/quic...26483889?mt=12).

It works great, but I ran into some random issues. I was finding that I would tag a file, and then later on I would go back into iTunes, play that file, and the tag would revert to whatever it was before! For example, I'd change the comments field from "Purchased at Beatport.com" to a QuickTag string, I'd come back into iTunes at a later date, play the track, the comments field would immediately switch to "Purchased at Beatport.com".

So I did some extensive digging, and it is Traktor. If you have a track and import it into Traktor, then analyze the track in Traktor, then the tag information you added to the track is lost when you play it again in iTunes.

I have opened a trouble ticket with NI, and they blamed iTunes. Not very reassuring.

A workaround is to just import your tracks first into Traktor, and THEN add any tagging information later. Then the tags stick.

I don't like the idea of applications re-writing my metadata!

Tech Mentor

Strange. I never came across that problem. I always run my tracks through Mixed In Key first, then add a comment in the Grouping field (which traktor doesn't see anyway). Never saw my comments field change afterward. I'm running the latest iTunes on Mavericks.
    The most I've seen was either program wiping out my ratings (which is annoying)
    Just downloaded some new tracks from Beatport the other day...going to see if I have the issue.

I maybe wrong, but I thought what ever you change in Traktor didn't affect the tags because Traktor keeps that info in the collection file. It may have changed, but. I am pretty sure that is the way it used to work.

Quote Originally Posted by VanGogo View Post
    I maybe wrong, but I thought what ever you change in Traktor didn't affect the tags because Traktor keeps that info in the collection file. It may have changed, but. I am pretty sure that is the way it used to work.
    Traktor, to some degree, does affect tags. I know one thing it does is that it adds a space at the end of the "COMMENTS" field.

While this may seem completely insignificant, I use this field to put the record label name in it, so that when I make auto-playlists in Foobar, I can have it automatically collect labels with "%comment% IS Record Label"

When that space is added, it ruins the whole process and playlists go empty. (Yes, I know there are work arounds, I'm just describing a personal annoyance I have with Traktor.)

It also changes all dates to something like "2014-01-01" which doesn't show up in iTunes, but it does show up in Foobar.