Purchasing Older Tracks - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Mattalik View Post

Search, search and search again.

Matt.
    Oh, believe me, I have. I just recently ordered a 2 CD compilation and was thrilled when it arrived. I bought it for one track, a KMC remix. It was like the biggest let down to hear that the track on the compilation was taken from vinyl and not true digital quality.

Good thing I only spent $5 on the compilation!

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Glitchwerks View Post
    Oh, believe me, I have. I just recently ordered a 2 CD compilation and was thrilled when it arrived. I bought it for one track, a KMC remix. It was like the biggest let down to hear that the track on the compilation was taken from vinyl and not true digital quality.

Good thing I only spent $5 on the compilation!
    Been There Too Mate...........Heartbreaking
    2 x CDJ2000 Nexus, 2x Technics 1210 M5G, 2 x Technics 1210 Mk2, Allen & Heath DB4, 15" Macbook Pro Retina, Traktor A10....And A Shitload Of Records!

Tech Wizard

So I'm assuming .wav is my best option.

When I mean older tracks, I mean something that was produced in 1997.

Referencing what TonyRome said "The best way to think of it is the same way you would scan or photocopy a picture." would have agree. I just feel that if I purchase the 320 version of the track, the quality won't be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by minuseven View Post
    So I'm assuming .wav is my best option.

WAV, AIFF, FLAC, and ALAC are, in my opinion, equivalent options as they are all lossless. At least as far as audio quality goes. ALAC, and AIFF edge out FLAC and WAV in my mind because of tagging and the ability to embed album artwork.

Tech Guru

Buy a turntable
    2x Technics sl 1200mk2, Vinyl, Shure m44-7, Xone 22, Audio Technica ATH M50X, Traktor A10, Maschine, Logic X, Ableton Live.

Good luck and make sure to look for the tracks on a re release I've been less then impressed with some and overly impressed with others.. It's a big crapshoot imo even tracks from say 2001 and older have seen issues

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12