Weird iTunes and MP3 problem.

Default Weird iTunes and MP3 problem.

Hey guys,
    So I bought 10 songs on Beatport today and moved them to the folder I use as my music storage. Like always, I dragged the songs from the folder into my iTunes library (I do not have the "copy files to iTunes library" option enabled - never have).
    Only 7 songs were carried over into iTunes. For some reason, iTunes just doesn't want to add the three other songs. It does not recognize them at all. They do however play in Media Player and work perfectly in Traktor.
    Anybody have some advice on what to do here?
    Thanks.

Oh and, I'm running Vista if that makes any difference.

I had this problem today with one song. I just chucked it in Audacity and then exported it as mp3, and it worked!

sounds like something to do with the tag version
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by ohmyjosh View Post
    I had this problem today with one song. I just chucked it in Audacity and then exported it as mp3, and it worked!
    Ooh yeah it's working now! Thanks for that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Vly View Post
    (I do not have the "copy files to iTunes library" option enabled - never have).
    How come? Surely it makes life much easier to have itunes copy files and organise library.
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I have TONS of songs that iTunes won't read and it drives me insane. I think I'm going to have to go through that whole re-encoding thing, I guess. *shrug* Give that a shot.

It means I'll have Drumc0rps on my iPod fiinally
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Yup. It's a know issue that you can see on a regular basis on the itunes forums. The file will play on any player but Itunes. You'll have to re-encode from MP3 to MP3... -_-
    Erase. Stop. Start.