2 months of Traktor Hell - Please help!

Default 2 months of Traktor Hell - Please help!

Hi Guys

I'm having a nightmare with Traktor Scratch Pro 2 - (currently running 2.6.8 but the problem was about before I updated the program).

When trying to mix using any method you can imagine (CDJs / Turntables / Just Traktor (with or without controller) or Manually Mixing BPM or syncing), Traktor seems to be getting speeds wrong and intermittently changing speeds even though it's not showing up on the BPM clock on the virtual turntables. When using Traktor I normally use it as little as possible as I use Turntables, External Mixer, x1 Controller, Audio 10 Soundcard and manually mix music.

I have tried resetting the sample rate (currently 44100), Latency (currently at 512) = Processing at 11.6ms, output at 2.0ms & overall at 13.6ms, tempo range (currently at 100%), Tempo bend (currently 100%), Sync mode (currently TempoSync). I completely uninstalled the program and all of components, then freshly installed it again, upgraded to the latest version of Traktor, Updated the firmware of the Audio 10 soundcard and none of this has worked.

When using mp3s (all legit) I simply analyse them with Traktor and thats it. I do not set beat grids because of the amount of music I have. It would take forever and would take the pleasure out of it for me. This was never an issue before but maybe it is now?

I'm running Traktor on the same Macbook for years and have only started having these issues in the past few months. I have updated the Mac software too to make sure there was no issues there but the problem still persists.

Spec of Mac:- 2010 Mackbook Pro, 2.4ghz, core 2 duo, 4GB 1067MHz DDR3 RAM, OSX 10.9.4.

I'm completely out of options at this point as far as I know but I don't know a lot about Traktor so maybe someone on here could point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance for any help guys - it's very much appreciated.

Jonny

Last edited by feedbackl00p; 07-29-2014 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by feedbackl00p View Post
    Go through the timecode section in the manual.

Do the calibrations and check the diagrams of your scope compared with the examples in the manual.

Pitch spikes are usually caused by either a ground hum, dodgy stylus, dirty timecode vinyl, dodgy headshell connections, or latency.

How old is your laptop?

Thanks for the shout. Unfortunately this is happening with and without timecodes. If I use only the software it happens, so I'd imagine it must be some sort of software issue either on the laptop or with traktor. Laptop is a 2010 Macbook Pro.

Spec of Mac:- 2010 Mackbook Pro, 2.4ghz, core 2 duo, 4GB 1067MHz DDR3 RAM, OSX 10.9.4.

just out if curiosity what kind of music are you playing ? are u playing a lot of mashups by chance?

Tech Convert

I had the same exact issue with Traktor straight out of the box. Ultimately, it was matter of not having my outputs setup properly inside of Traktor's preferences. Double check all of that to be sure all of your signals are going where they need to go.