Volume-Vinyl to digital.

Default Volume-Vinyl to digital.

Quick question guys and girls.

I've been jumping between mixing vinyl into Digital through my Z2 and X1MK2, and vice versa. The volume output from the vinyl is sounding a little quiet at the moment however and the gain knob doesn't really bring a lot to the party apart from fuzziness at high levels.

Any pointers or settings i might be missing?

Cheers!
    A+H DB4, Technics 1210's x2, F1, X1MK2 x2, MaschineMk2, Akai LPK 25, MF3D, XDJ-1000 x2.

Tech Guru

Set the gains for the digital lower, so you dont have to crank the gain so much on the vinyl.

Could be a mixture of quiet vinyl, quiet pre-amps in the Z2 that means your having to have them up so much.

What carts do you have?
    Technics 1210 MK2 x 2 / A&H Xone:22 / Shure M35S / Urbanears Zinken / Mukatsuku Record Weights x 2 / Vinyl
    iMac / Ableton Live 8 / Reason / Akai EIE Pro / Adam A5x / Boss BX 800 / Soundcraft EPM6 / MFB 522 / Korg Monotribe / Maschine Mikro MK1 / NI Kontrol X1 MK1 / Akai APC 20 / Novation Remote 25sl Compact

Cheers amadeus, i shall give that a try.

I have Ortofon OM-Pro S's. The vinyl is plenty loud when mixing with the Z2 in standalone, it's just when i have it running with Traktor and am switching between the two different formats.
    A+H DB4, Technics 1210's x2, F1, X1MK2 x2, MaschineMk2, Akai LPK 25, MF3D, XDJ-1000 x2.

Tech Guru

I don't know if its the same, but running vinyl as a live input with my Audio 10 was allot quieter than direct thru mode.
    2x Technics sl 1200mk2, Vinyl, Shure m44-7, Xone 22, Audio Technica ATH M50X, Traktor A10, Maschine, Logic X, Ableton Live.