Macbook Pro Late 2013 and Traktor Pro 2

Default Macbook Pro Late 2013 and Traktor Pro 2

Hello,

I am using a new Macbook Pro late 2013 and have it all updated Traktor aswell is in the latest update..And i am connecting directly trough my laptop to CDJ-2000's with usbs .. No external soundcard or something .. Directly from my PC to CDJ's .. So is being like 2-3 days now and is making me some random problems ..

Problems:

1) Sound crackling.
    2) Some latency from my CDJ to the Software. (Pushing play and is taking a second to play it)
    3) Sound stops for 1-2 seconds then begin again.

If anyone having this problems or anyone can let me know what to do would be glad!!

Tech Mentor

Don't get 1 or 2, but 3 happens to me once per 5 hour set. I've been searching various forums and trying to troubleshoot that, myself.
    I thought it may be a hard drive issue, but I've been playing mostly off of an SSD and shouldn't see that problem
    No CDJs in my setup, though...just late 2013 MB Pro, S2 and F1

Interested to hear others thoughts.

If you're getting crackling through your software I would fix my latency up a bit. If you put your latency to a higher MS(seconds) you will most likely get rid of this.

Normally I have my latency at 2-3 seconds. By problem #2 you are having I would think you're a bit higher then that.

3) not sure , I don't think this would be a conectivity issue but maybe switch out your cables to see if that works and maybe once you set your latency to a desired level it will smooth itself out.

With a mac you shouldn't have many issues to be honest but you can always try exiting all your background programs if there are any running. Thats normally a PC problem over MAC though.

Good luck, hope this post helped a little bit, if at all.

Crackling from my experience has always been a latency though, I have had those 1-3 second freezes as well but they always bugger off once I fix my latency & have no background programs running.

Make sure all your software(traktor, which you said it is) and firmware(on your cdj2000) is up to date.

Quote Originally Posted by atontheproton View Post
    If you're getting crackling through your software I would fix my latency up a bit. If you put your latency to a higher MS(seconds) you will most likely get rid of this.

Normally I have my latency at 2-3 seconds. By problem #2 you are having I would think you're a bit higher then that.

3) not sure , I don't think this would be a conectivity issue but maybe switch out your cables to see if that works and maybe once you set your latency to a desired level it will smooth itself out.

With a mac you shouldn't have many issues to be honest but you can always try exiting all your background programs if there are any running. Thats normally a PC problem over MAC though.

Good luck, hope this post helped a little bit, if at all.

Crackling from my experience has always been a latency though, I have had those 1-3 second freezes as well but they always bugger off once I fix my latency & have no background programs running.

Make sure all your software(traktor, which you said it is) and firmware(on your cdj2000) is up to date.
    Hey and thank you for replying .. i was using the same setup with mountain lion and late 2012 mac and all was ok .. they stole my laptop and i bought a new one late 2013 with mavericks and the problems begun ;\ i will try the latency thinkie and let u know thank you for your reply once again