Headphone ohm?

Thread: Headphone ohm?

Tech Wizard

Default Headphone ohm?

Hi everyone,
    Im in the market for headphones and ive decided to go for the Sennheiser HD25. There are two options one with Nominal impedance 600 ohm and Nominal impedance 70 Ohm.
    Which one to go for and why?
    This will be an internet purchase so i dont have the chance to listen to them and test them.
    A recent discussion i listen to at work on headphones was that the same model of headphones(beyer studio headphones) in 65ohm and 500ohm,
    the 500ohms ones performed much better and didnt distord the sound at higher volumes.
    I own a Ecler nuo 4 which headphone output outputs 200 ohm, other brands i use here and there are Allen and Heath and behringer mixers. Will there be generaly any problems with the impedance on this mixers?
    Thanks for your help
    dim

If your using cans with a higher the impedance then you will need a headphone preamp to be able to drive the cans to a high enough volume, you will find cans with the high impedance wont well as well on stuff like your laptop headphone output if the output isn't very hot.

For use with DJing gear though you shouldn't have any issues, its the cheap consumer gear you have to watch out for.

hey

yeah from you're point of view you wont notice much difference except that one will be a little quieter and you'll have to turn the headphone volume up a shade. Unless you like your cans BLAIRING and you're already up towards the limits of you're mixers headphone volume then it wont matter, and even then the HD25 are very sensitive and i normally find i have to turn them down a fair bit compared to other DJs i work with anyway so yeah it shouldn't be a problem

k

Tech Wizard

Thanks for your input kevinmcdonough & BentoSan
    -dIm-
    - Acer5050 Amd Turion 2Ghz 2GB RAM - Echo Indigo Dj - Audio DJ 8 - VESTAX VCI-100 SE - Ecler Nuo 4 - X-Session - Trigger Finger - Korgkaoss Pad Entrancer - Korg MicroKontrol - Novation25SL - 2 x Tec1210.
    Dj software - TraktorDj 3.3 - Traktor Scratch 1.2

Banned

Default Headphone ohm?

Thank you tell me that.I like it very much.