Another new guy.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Another new guy.

Hey, i have recently started university in Manchester. Over the past month i have fallen in love with minimal and electro house. I have been buying song after song from DJdownload and beatport, to be fair i have a nice little collection growing which sprung the idea of maybe becoming a bedroom DJ.

After speaking to a few friends I was advised to download Traktor and to come and look at the tutorials on your You Tube page. I have had a good look through the tutorials but im still finding all this stuff hard to understand. I have tried setting up grids etc but the songs just still don't want to sync.

After this whole life story i was wondering if there is a site with video tutorials for total beginners everything explained inside out.

I look forward to the replies.

Thanks!

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Welcome .

Heres a great way to get into Beatgridding:
    http://www.traktorbible.com/en/tutorial2.aspx

That tutorial is a good start. Theres also a vid made by Ean that is excellent on the YouTube site.

This tutorial is about using SYNC:
    http://www.traktorbible.com/en/tutorial4.aspx

BTW- my girlfriend was born in Salford (a real Manc). Im just up the road in Preston.
    Get used to the rain and gloomy weather and you will love Manchester.

Karlos

Thanks alot mate, ill have a look in to it!
    Hope to see you in Sankeys one time !

P.S. Im at Salford Uni, Best one out there!

Tech Wizard

The best beginners site to go to for the very basics and ideals that started on TT's i found was...

www.djtutor.com

i learnt everything here then the more technical digital dj stuff here on DJTT.

Tech Guru

welcome. i always say the same thing to the beginners.
    study and practice. then when you're tired of practicing, practice some more.

the tutorials the boys just posted should be enough to get you going.

Hey guys thanks for the replies, i have been reading through the traktor bible Karlos linked me to for griding, It says when griding house music use a BPM Detection Range of 70 190 and for DnB 150 to 170. If i was to use a BPM Detection Range of 70 to 190 and i was mixing some house music then say i decided to drop a drum and bass song would this effect the mixing process. In other words would this not work?

Sorry i would also like to ask if anyone has a track with a moving grid just so i know what i am looking for when i see one.

No worries about the song sorted it

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Setting your BPM range will be fine, but that is just what the analysis will kick out for the BPM. You will still need to go in and check it, set your beat grids and make sure they are right, especially if you are going to be using Sync and not manually beat matching.

Good luck
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by daviwandeag View Post
    After this whole life story i was wondering if there is a site with video tutorials for total beginners everything explained inside out.
    We do advanced tutorials and beginner tutorials
    You will be hard pressed to find another site that can teach you like DJTT can.
    If you find you cant get a grid to line up then just keep practicing !

Try using a tap tempo program to get you the ball park range of your track, then line it up how we explain in our beatgriding video.

Make sure to read all the articles in our beginner section of the FAQ, that will help to get you going - http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3545

If your songs arn't syncing then your grids are out, just like beatmatching laying down tight grids takes some practice - keep practicing and you will get there !

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast