Korg Volca Series - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Ash Carr View Post
    I kinda wish I just waited and saved up for a Roland Aria TR 08 but for the meantime It's pretty pretty good.
    I played around with a TR-8 at the store recently. That thing is some serious business! Loads of fun, certainly. Wish I had the cash to get one.
    Last edited by 3heads; 08-04-2014 at 02:04 PM.
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Tech Mentor

Glad I could help.

It's definitely one of those things you would kick yourself for not buying should they discontinue it (mostly because it is so cheap and a lot of fun to tweak... LOVE what Korg has been doing lately).

Waiting to see if we get some improvements in midi clock/sync on the next version of Traktor or something along the lines of Maschine integration... because that little box may find it's way out gigging with me for a little extra something

TR-8 is said to be the real deal BTW... a lot of old school house producers have raved about it despite any flack for it not being analog
    Wouldn't mind having one of those either

If you're looking at the bass synth I'd recommend saving a bit more and snagging a micro brute, so worth it

Quote Originally Posted by diezdiazgiant View Post
    If you're looking at the bass synth I'd recommend saving a bit more and snagging a micro brute, so worth it
    Looks cool, do you own it?

e/ Oh shit, a fellow Chicagoan

Quote Originally Posted by Ash Carr View Post
    He's right, the Korg Volca's are so cheap, small and great that you may as well get one just for the lulz.
    True, I may just do it.

Ha yup, fellow Chicagoan here. Yeah I've got one, the multi mode filter is great and it's resonance paired with the over drive circuit and detailed oscillator section AND the built in sequencer make it a mean little acid synth. The sequencer is great and transposes to incoming midi so it pairs really nicely with something like ableton. Really dig it much more then the volca bass

Tech Mentor

Micro brute another good one. As is the bass station 2. Way too many nice affordable analog toys out there these days. The cool part is they all have their own unique character.
    Unfortunately, my G.A.S. Has been put on hold :-/

Haha I think I may find a guitar Center with some toys and go trade in my EFX 1000

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12