Having multiple Traktors with different settings
    Tech Convert

Default Having multiple Traktors with different settings

Hi, I dj two totally different genres of music, and running Traktor while having playlists and settings for both genres has been a bit troublesome; ie. search results loading up with two genres mixed up, etc. I just got a new Macbook Air, so it's a good time for me to separate them for a cleaner workflow.

I remember a while ago when Traktor had a major update, the previous version remained active after the installation of the new version - so I could try using different versions of Traktor (one of the genres doesn't require much tools; so I'd be fine with an older version).

Another solution I can think of is installing Bootcamp and running one version in Windows.

Anyhow, I was curious if there'd be an another way to have 2 Traktor Apps with separate settings/collections. I'd appreciate any input!
    Last edited by sktsage; 08-12-2014 at 05:57 AM.

I don't think you can have two instances on one OS. However, for example, i run 2.6.4 on windows 8 and 2.6.8 on windows 7, sharing one collection but having separate settings.
    Last edited by Jester; 08-12-2014 at 04:50 AM.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

I thought you could do side-by-side installations???

http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...nstall.174101/
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

You could just export your settings TSI's and have 2 different collections. Then load which ever ones you want to use at the time.

Tech Mentor

If you create a different user account on the same machine does each account get it's own preferences and settings in Traktor? Just an idea as it works with other applications that are intended for multi-user use.