Strange distortion on Traktor
    Tech Guru

Default Strange distortion on Traktor

I've been noticing that the quality of the tracks I'm playing, specially the loud ones, is worse than it was.

I play with Autogain ON, Limiter ON and -3db of Headroom. Now when I get it to Autogain OFF, limiter OFF and zero headroom a single track will simply distort like hell, like fully on red.

It happens with all the tracks, the master volume is at +0.0 db, the pitch fader at zero and all the effects are off. Why would a track distort so much on those conditions??

If everything is at zero and there is only one track playing it was supposed to play like on iTunes, wasn't it?

I tried to get the master volume down but it will simply sound distorted even if its not reaching red! WTF
    Last edited by Daniboy; 08-12-2014 at 01:27 PM.
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

Tech Guru

Oh problem solved, I was outputting the Monitor channels to my headphones and not the Master ones...

Someone should close this thread, sorry.
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag