static during recording from Traktor???
    Tech Mentor

Default static during recording from Traktor???

So I've recorded a ton of times with Traktor on my macbook. It's pretty old but still works fine.
    Last night I sat down and recorded about 1.5 hours and then went to listen to it, the mix was full of static.

A10 interface run through a DJM800 into a 13" macbook.

I don't think any preferences have been changed, just curious if anyone has had this happen.

I don't think it's the A10 cause we tried my friends laptop and he had no problem from the recording.
    Anyone have any clues as to what would cause this all of a sudden?

Your gain level could have been set to high, what software are you recording with ? I use Audacity but the only time i have had that issue is when my recording is in the "red" when I record.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by atontheproton View Post
    Your gain level could have been set to high, what software are you recording with ? I use Audacity but the only time i have had that issue is when my recording is in the "red" when I record.
    just recording directly into traktor.

levels were fine throughout every step in the audio chain. I usually have the gains low for recording and then master the mix in Live.

Did you use different RCA's from recording on your set up to your friends? I've had rca's crap out on me in odd ways. Set up at home & work fine, go to a gig and they're done for.

Double check all your settings & latencys. I don't record internally through traktor though... maybe try recording through another software to see if the same issue arises. Defeat the problem by process of elimination.