Traktor Pro is pissing me off!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Traktor Pro is pissing me off!

Okay seriously,Traktor Pro is making me so angry. I'm trying to create a mash up set and it's not detecting the correct bpm on almost all the songs I'm importing. So I have to find it online. But once I put in the correct bpm the beat grids are still way off. Tapping in the bpm doesn't work either. I'm pretty sure the tempo doesn't float.

Take for Example ACDC's back in black. I import it and it says 186 Bpm which is wrong so I go to a site like BPM Studios to find the correct bpm (93.35). I put that in and the beat grids are still off.

So does anyone have any tips on beatgridding?

Thanks
    Setup: Kontrol S2, Komplete Audio 6, Maschine Mikro Akai LPD 8, Akai Mpk49, Traktor 2, Ableton Suite 8.
    http://soundcloud.com/miishmash

You cant beat grid tracks by bands accurately like that, the drummer isn't a computer.

You will have to warp them in ableton first.
    MBPro - UC-33e - Audio 10 - TSP2 - Xone 22 - 1210's - Mackie MR5's

Quote Originally Posted by Jo3 View Post
    You cant beat grid tracks by bands accurately like that, the drummer isn't a computer.

You will have to warp them in ableton first.
    Okay well how would I just beat grid the first couple of bars then? Surely the drummer's tempo wouldn't change enough to make it ungriddable.
    Setup: Kontrol S2, Komplete Audio 6, Maschine Mikro Akai LPD 8, Akai Mpk49, Traktor 2, Ableton Suite 8.
    http://soundcloud.com/miishmash

you should note 186 bpms IS 93 bpms, just doubled. i have a hotkey mapped to double and half the bpms detected by traktor, you should try that out. but like someone mentioned, tracks like that one by acdc are not going to be beatgridable because the bpm is decided by a human drummer, which will almost always fluctuate. so i do one of 2 things. if i want to play the whole song, i will warp the track in ableton then it will be beatgriddable in traktor. or for a quicker solution, and one that often works for mashup sets, is to find a section of the track that you want to loop and set the beatgrid on the same beat where you want the loop to start, then just ensure that the beatgrid is tight over that one looped section. often works if you just want the guitar solo looped, as you might for the acdc song

the same as you would any track. set a grid marker on the first beat and change the bpm accordingly so the grid lines up with the beats.
    MBPro - UC-33e - Audio 10 - TSP2 - Xone 22 - 1210's - Mackie MR5's

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Yeah, there isn't any software that is going to get this perfectly every time, especially for live drums.

Shmobletons is right, it's just doubled, so hit the half-time button. You also need to set your own beat grid marker, not let it sit with the auto one cause that can be wrong. It's supposed to be an easy option, but not perfect.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Guru

Well it seems that DJ apps are slowly becoming able to detect every best and not just a fixed BPM value with a fixed beat grid. I think Itch will get this with the next update, it seems Mixxx will also get this in their upcoming 1.8 update and Karlos mentioned that its on the todo list from Traktor (they are already working on 1.3 according to the last traktor on the record).
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Stretchy beat grids... my pants are throbbing 8)
    I used to link music in my signature but nowadays I don't.

lol

I know I may be stretching things here but.....

....you could always do it the old fashioned way and just match it by ear, the same way DJs have been doing for the last 20 years until programs that could detect the BPM came along.

But yeah as people are saying with almost all non-electronic drums there are gonna be fluctuations in the tempo even more recent stuff with the drummer playing along to a click track but especially stuff from the 60's/70's/80's and most of 90's when they weren't using one.

You'll either have to straighten it up in a production program like ableton or pro tools first so it has a steady BPM and you can mash it up in Traktor, or just import all the mash up parts into one of those programs (cubase, protools, ableton, fruity loops etc etc) and piece it all together in there, which to be honest is how almost every mash up is done anyway unless it is done live at a gig.

k

traktor doesn't like ac/dc
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast