Midi Fighter Twister or Traktor Kontrol F1

Default Midi Fighter Twister or Traktor Kontrol F1

I guess no one has really done a side by side comparison of it. But which of these 2 controllers is better?

I spin Techno / Techouse on traktor.

And go.

Tech Wizard

What do you want to do with the controller?

That's the question. If you want to trigger loops and one-shots from remix deck and want the best (or at least the most purpose-built) controller for it, then F1.

If you want a metric s**t ton of encoders (FX control?) and/or a step sequencer for your remix deck, then twister.

Really depends on what you need and want and what do you already have. I only have F1 so can't make comparison in build quality etc... But F1 is solid and I have no reason to believe that Twister is not.
    CMD MM-1 - CMD PL-1 - Traktor Kontrol X1 Mk2 - Traktor Kontrol F1 - NI Komplete Audio 6/Traktor Audio 2 Mk2
    My setup history
    Mixcloud page

Mainly want to use this as a drum sequencer to add in to existing tracks. Transition. Might use it to control one shots as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozei View Post
    What do you want to do with the controller?

That's the question. If you want to trigger loops and one-shots from remix deck and want the best (or at least the most purpose-built) controller for it, then F1.

If you want a metric s**t ton of encoders (FX control?) and/or a step sequencer for your remix deck, then twister.

Really depends on what you need and want and what do you already have. I only have F1 so can't make comparison in build quality etc... But F1 is solid and I have no reason to believe that Twister is not.

Im very new to controllers and just purchased a Traktor Kontroller F1, although I love the MF3D.

I love my F1 but it seems that if you want to drum sequencing the twister is the way to go. the F1 is an awesome tool though and you can do a lot with it
    Hercules RMX 2 Traktor Kontrol F1
    Check out my F1 hot cue mapping https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/1376

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by npapermaster94 View Post
    I love my F1 but it seems that if you want to drum sequencing the twister is the way to go.
    Eh, not for much longer... I've got a .tsi that is sequencing at 1/32 right now. Seeing if I can work out a bug to get 64ths. I'm hoping to release my X1 Power-User mapping with the finished sequencer in a couple months. Cheers!

I look at things more like a producer (since that's what I do heh). I currently have an F1 and am looking at getting a Twister to add to my collection.

I think the real question should be "what do you currently have"? The F1 functions great for remix deck use, capturing samples/loops, etc. For me I also have my QuNeo for Live Decks and a MF3D for remix decks, so the twister is JUST for the sequencer. As I see it, the F1 is a better 'in general' tool (and comes with $50 so it is also 'cheaper'), and with some work before hand, can be setup to cover the sequencer portion (not as flexible as the twister, and more work though). If you are doing more freestyling though or just having fun with it, the Twister's sequencer could be truly awesome to have under your belt.

But what else do you currently have? do you have a MF3D or Spectra? Something to control the Remix Decks essentially? Or is the F1 so you finally have an interface for the remix decks?
    - Unreall

Quote Originally Posted by Unreallystic View Post
    I look at things more like a producer (since that's what I do heh). I currently have an F1 and am looking at getting a Twister to add to my collection.

I think the real question should be "what do you currently have"? The F1 functions great for remix deck use, capturing samples/loops, etc. For me I also have my QuNeo for Live Decks and a MF3D for remix decks, so the twister is JUST for the sequencer. As I see it, the F1 is a better 'in general' tool (and comes with $50 so it is also 'cheaper'), and with some work before hand, can be setup to cover the sequencer portion (not as flexible as the twister, and more work though). If you are doing more freestyling though or just having fun with it, the Twister's sequencer could be truly awesome to have under your belt.

But what else do you currently have? do you have a MF3D or Spectra? Something to control the Remix Decks essentially? Or is the F1 so you finally have an interface for the remix decks?
    - Unreall
    Different time but same question.

I m thinking about purchasing the twister for essential controlling the remix decks instead of using the F1 cause it's more universal (using it for traktor as well).

There is these mapping here:
    https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/2713

Is anybody using it & was able to did a comparison between the F1 and the RMX Twister ?

thanks n all the best

Default MF twister or traktor f1

I recently picked up am f1 and love it. Controls the remix decks brilliantly but reading your post I think the midi fighter will do everything you need. I'm actually looking to buy one myself in the next week or so, thinking that will complete my set up nicely I will have the s4 as main controller, F1 throwing in one shots and maybe even creating melodies like a synth and the twister as a step sequencer adding extra beats - all that teamed up with my foot switch will lead to some epic sets. So maybe you could think about both.
    DJ, Producer, Radio Presenter & Tutor
    Win8 64bit / TP2.6.8 / Ableton / Maschine
    S4 / X1 / F1 / Z1 / Maschine Mikro / Midi Fighter Twister / Akai Mini Mk2 / Boss FS-5U
    Twitter: @joegrime
    www.soundcloud.com/joegrime // www.mixcloud.com/joegrime