OT: Icecast/Network Problem

Default OT: Icecast/Network Problem

so i'm not sure how many people we have in here that are familiar with some networking concepts being that this is a forum for DJs, but i figure since it relates to music, and we are all (mostly) digital people here, it'd be worth a shot.

so i have my icecast server set up for broadcasting my traktor sets online on my radio show. weird thing is, everything was fine the first night, no hitches with anything. the next night, without changing anything, suddenly i couldn't connect to my own stream. after hours of frustration, i asked someone else to try and connect. this is where it gets weird: everyone else can connect to the stream BUT me. so i think there's something weird with my network wanting to call itself up.

since the connection seems fine when other people are coming into the network, i figure it's a problem for me because i'm trying to go OUT of the network and then back in when i try to connect. but this makes no sense since when i'm going out of the network i'm only using the HTTP port which is universally open on all of my hardware.

headaches.
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

try connection to you local address (192.168.1.x) and not the outside address.

Quote Originally Posted by kaleaf View Post
    try connection to you local address (192.168.1.x) and not the outside address.
    i did, and that works. but the first night i was able to connect to the remote address (in other words, not the local address) fine, but the next night and henceforth i haven't been able to. it's just weird.

Tech Wizard

most likely your IP changes everyday thats probably the reason why.
    if u run windows u can see that by typing ipconfig in command prompt.
    that will show you all the connections you are currently using.

cheers

I know it worked for you but I think its a normal routing problem (i think). I have that same issue with vpn servers and email servers and I have to go through another internet source to troubleshoot problems.

I think it is because the packets have the same source and destination ip
    Last edited by kaleaf; 10-26-2009 at 05:09 AM.

Default Re: OT: Icecast/Network Problem

not an ip issue, I made sure the ip was the same when I was trying to connect. it only changes when I restart the modem really.

that's probably the issue kaleaf, it's just confusing how it worked that one night, but who knows.

You might have to do a port triggering setup on your router so it routes the petitions to the correct pc inside the Lan.

If there are more than one computer connected in your lan the router needs to know which one is holding the server so it direct the traffic to that specific pc. So maybe the first day the triggering was doing correct and maybe afterward another pc connnected to the LAN and messed the triggering. Check that settings and force that http petitions are forwarded to your inside IP. And you might make sure that that ip is not changing.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by alien2k View Post
    You might have to do a port triggering setup on your router so it routes the petitions to the correct pc inside the Lan.

If there are more than one computer connected in your lan the router needs to know which one is holding the server so it direct the traffic to that specific pc. So maybe the first day the triggering was doing correct and maybe afterward another pc connnected to the LAN and messed the triggering. Check that settings and force that http petitions are forwarded to your inside IP. And you might make sure that that ip is not changing.

Cheers!
    yeah i have the port routed from the modem -> router, and then the same port routed from the router -> my laptop. o_0