Record feature in Traktor Pro
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Record feature in Traktor Pro

Isnt there a record function in TPro? Anyone used Audio Hijack Pro and is it better than Traktors recording function?

Tech Wizard

I found the answer to part of my question and found the record part In TP. Is it difficult to set up?

Pretty easy mate. Just set your file split size and recordings folder in the preferences, and run some tracks together to adjust the recording gain to the right level. then hit the red button
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Oh, and don't forget to set your default recording folder so you don't lose the files.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Wizard

OK guys I need step by step help setting up the record feature in Pro. I have a macbook and Firebox.

Go to PReferences: Recording, set Recording to Internal, set cutting limit to whatever you want then

Step One: Open the Record panel
    Step Two: Press the Record Button
    Step three: ...
    Step Four: Profit
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    Go to PReferences: Recording, set Recording to Internal, set cutting limit to whatever you want then

Step One: Open the Record panel
    Step Two: Press the Record Button
    Step three: ...
    Step Four: Profit

This guys knows his stuff!!

It would be less horrifying when you realize that almost all the help I give is while I'm at work, without any access to Traktor, so this is all from memory.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Wizard

do I need to do anything with record setting in output routing? Does the Direcotry need to be set in recording tab in preference? When playing a song in TPro the vol meters seem to function normally. The record button is not lit and it says not recording above the vol. levels. Also there is a little antenna that flashes blue when pressed.

Are you mixing internally or externally ?
    In RECORDING tab in prefs, set the input I don't know how it is in internal mode :s but in external, choose the inputs of your soundcard where you get the sound back from your mixer...
    In the same tab, set your directory... & choose the max size for your files...
    Then in traktor window, in the record panel, just press the button under the antenna (this one is for broadcasting), the commun REC button... adjust your rec volume, and that's all
    Last edited by minimalmintek; 10-26-2009 at 12:35 PM.
    mintek on mixcloud | http://www.mixcloud.com/mintek/
    xone:92 | 2 x Kontrol X1 | 2 x cdj1000 mkII | pdx-2300 mkII pro | rp-dj 1200 | audio 8 dj | tsp 2.0.1 | live 8 suite | logic pro 9 | komplete 5

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast