Let's discuss what features would you like to see in a future Traktor Pro 3.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Let's discuss what features would you like to see in a future Traktor Pro 3.

Now that i get your attention

I mean after Serato coming up with so many cool(and frequent) add on updates and innovations, NI's silence and lack of excitement in their entire product line, the silence will be finally broken this fall(wishful thinking):roll eyes:

So besides the obvious "remix thing" being the feature of DJing(we got that NI, we go it), there are a few features that i REALLY(and i mean REALLY) like to se on the next major update.

1) FULLY customisable layout. Simply put I want the library gone from the decks screen! It's annoying and it's waisting valuable screen estate, especially on laptops.. Actually i'm amazed NI didn't fix this earlier

2) Nameable and color coded cue points. This one is not so difficult, is it?

3A) New FXs, redesigned from the ground up. I mean the one they have now are fine, but they are showing their age compared to say Izotope. Also I'd like to see something like Serato DJ add on FX packs in TP3. VST(or Maschine FXs) would be great!

3B) User customisable Macro FXs

4A) Improved Beatgrids UI. Maybe it's just me but to set Beatgrids could be more simple and straight forward. Better down beat detection.. Most of the times Traktor can't detect a kick drum properly in a track with a long intro. Need to be fixed!

4B) Better keylock algo. Pitch 'n time is insanely good!

Or better yet: ELASTIC AUDIO!!!

5) Basic step sequencer with full Maschine integration. I WOULD LOVE to load my sounds, samples and patterns from my Maschine collection!

6) Remix decks "official expansions" from NI. If they really think remix decks are the future of DJing, they should make some extra efforts and release 1st party expansion packs regularly, like Maschine's ones.. Instead of relying on 3rd parties(not so great) content.

So, what's your opinion on how TP3 should be? Please share
    Last edited by Double; 08-19-2014 at 02:23 AM.

Tech Guru

Ableton style "warping" for more flexible gridding of tracks with live drummers.
    Denon X1600, NI X1 Mk1 & Mk2, MF Twister
    Kontrol S2, Maschine Mk1, APC 40
    Retired: VCI-100 Arcade (Signed #198/300))
    BFM 10x DR200 & 10x Titan 39

yes everything you said...

I have been part of these speculation threads for years...I am exhausted

Default Traktor pro 3's coming.

A maschine flavour in the deck type options

Improved remix decks with NI offering more official content as mentioned.

Grid improvements would be nice as currently traktor struggles a little with certain styles of music.

Improved layout management

I would also like them to open up more midi options although compared to other software I've used can't complain.

MP3 tagging and playlists need a overhaul cos managing music in third party software is a poor workaround for such a popular software.

The list could go on and I imagine there's features that will be repeated throughout this tread.
    DJ, Producer, Radio Presenter & Tutor
    Win8 64bit / TP2.6.8 / Ableton / Maschine
    S4 / X1 / F1 / Z1 / Maschine Mikro / Midi Fighter Twister / Akai Mini Mk2 / Boss FS-5U
    Twitter: @joegrime
    www.soundcloud.com/joegrime // www.mixcloud.com/joegrime

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Mappable 'Lean' and other buttons in the controller manager. Pretty handy dandy.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by soundinmotiondj View Post
    Ableton style "warping" for more flexible gridding of tracks with live drummers.
    This
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

Dual monitor support. Decks on one monitor, library on the other. Actually album art used instead of "crate flick."

Or Laptop + iPad/Tablet.

I know none of that will happen though.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by 031999 View Post
    I have been part of these speculation threads for years...I am exhausted
    Yeah lol Not to worry though, they will announce something to coincide with BPM. NI is well aware that Serato DJ has become a serious threat to them. Pioneer and other major players siding with Serato and the aggressive new features roll out in the last year was a wake up call for our German friends.. With NI taking so long, I have the feeling that this is indeed is a major rewrite of the code. Can't wait to see the how the future of DJing looks like!

Keep them coming fellas. ;-)
    Last edited by Double; 08-19-2014 at 02:17 AM.

Selective UI screen mirroring, coupled with a single-deck, display-equipped traktor controller and a z4.
    Byebye Pioneer.
    Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    I only use VINYL flooring. Rugs are for cheaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Thread title changed to reflect its speculative nature.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast