echo indigo dj(pcmcia) to express card 5|4?
    Tech Mentor

Default echo indigo dj(pcmcia) to express card 5|4?

Hey guys,

Some guy's selling his echo indigo dj card(pcmcia). I offered him 60$ for it and he said he'll take it. But after I realized that my laptop(hp dv6000) has a express card 5|4 port!(womp womp) So now I have to find a adapter for this if there is one. If so, which one's good?

Reason why I want to buy the indigo dj is because I only have 2 usb ports on my laptop and if I can get this to work via express card port then I'll have another usb controller to go with my vci 100! =) (just throwing it out there)

Also is the echo indigo dj as good/comparable to the native instruments audio 2 dj?

They do exist, dunno which one is good though.

Theres also the option of getting express card -> Firewire adapter and getting a firewiresoundcard.

Or you can get a express card that gives you more usb ports too.

Tech Mentor

The thing is I literally have only enough cash for this hahah! I have enough for this and around 45ish in my paypal to buy the adapter. Firewire isn't in my option right now since if I'm going for firewire I'll probably get the firebox since it's the cheapest(from what I've seen around my area) and most reliable from what I've heard from this site.... Also it's 250$ so it's a no go haha.

I found one on ebay but it says it's not compatible with my dv6000!!!! FML!!!!
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...%3DI%26otn%3D1

Do you already own a usb soundcard that you like ?

Given the amount of $ you have to play with i would recommend a express card with some USB ports on it.

There's this adapter: http://www.dinodirect.com/PCMCIA-Car.../AFFID-18.html

I like my Indigo DJ because I have less hardware laying around and logically should be better than USB. One less port to deal with also.

Tech Mentor

Well I had a Lexicon Alpha like 2 weeks ago but it wasn't meant for dj'ing since it was only 2x2. So I used the 2 soundcard function in vdj.

Also I'll keep that adapter in mind J-Reign =)

What if I buy a pcmcia to usb adapter. Would it affect the performance of the inidigo dj?