Soundcloud to roll out advertising :(
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Soundcloud to roll out advertising :(

I got an email from Soundcloud stating that they will be rolling out advertising so I cancelled my pro subscription. I really don't want ads to interrupt where my listeners listen to music. This is why I have been paying for the service and now I'm feeling frustrated that the platform is changing from the model that made it popular because I was depending on it!

Get bent Soundcloud.

-Steve

That seems a little harsh. As i understand it, i is only the creator accounts that will display the ads.
    Last edited by Jester; 08-21-2014 at 02:12 AM.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

I also got the email but couldn't quite work out what they were getting at.

I'm assuming it's a bit like YouTube when i play a video and it plays an advertisement video first?

SoundCloud is getting worse unfortunately

Sound cloud has fell off, big time.

Pretty sure I'll be moving to hearthis.at
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Guru

It's gone down the pan big time.

First they get rid of classic, make the website a load of bollocks.

Destroy the phone app (Even though it was crap before)

Don't have a website that displays on your phone browser, meaning the only time I can do anything is when Im at home on the mac.

And now adds.

Load of horse sh*t!
    Technics 1210 MK2 x 2 / A&H Xone:22 / Shure M35S / Urbanears Zinken / Mukatsuku Record Weights x 2 / Vinyl
    iMac / Ableton Live 8 / Reason / Akai EIE Pro / Adam A5x / Boss BX 800 / Soundcraft EPM6 / MFB 522 / Korg Monotribe / Maschine Mikro MK1 / NI Kontrol X1 MK1 / Akai APC 20 / Novation Remote 25sl Compact

Tech Mentor

I see a positive in this.

My hope would be that by enabling labels to monetize and run ads, that'll make it less likely that mixes will be pulled. I'd rather have a mix with pre-roll ads or something, rather than no mix at all.

I've been feeling the frustration with SC for some time, but am going to hold fire on cancelling anything and see how this pans out first.

It's not completely clear how the ads will work yet, but I get the impression it's only for the invited Premier accounts, so if I wanted to listen to music from a major label or artist, then I'd hear an advert; but if I'm listening to indie artists or bedroom producers, then they'd be ad free. I guess we'll find out.

Somebody else mentioned on another thread, Kim Dotcom's new site Baboom might blow everything out of the water.

FYI you can register interest for early access invitations on the site now... that's pretty new because I don't think you could a few days ago.

Schalenberg

Not sure how this ad thing will work, but I if have to hear ads prior to every track I hear on SC I'll be very upset. I follow over 1000 artists, which a feed that takes hours each week to listen to. Adding more time to that with ads would be disappointing and discouraging.

Schalenberg

This is off-topic, but I always wished there was a way to follow all my SC artists on other sites (Beatport/Traxsource/Mixcloud) with just one click; some kind of program to bridge them all together.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast