Need help asap !!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Need help asap !!

I'm sorry if this in the wrong forum but I really need help I have my first gig tomorrow at a big house party getting paid for it just downloaded loads of tunes 2500 and I'm sorting then out in playlist an it's not analysing them. It did for a about 250 then just stopped now it won't even show bpm if I'm played the whole tune. I really need to sort this it's just not showing the bpm it will do for a couple then just stop or most times nothing at all!! It's analysed all the albums and stuff but not bpm ???

Try analysing them in batches.

If it analysed 250 without a problem, do 'em in batches of 200 or so.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

What Patch said....

also, try shutting down any background programs. Re-starting your computer may help....and lastly, I hate to sound like an ass, but learning to DJ without all the extra bells and whistles does come in handy sometimes...
    1200 Hustle Turntablist & DJ // Sector 15 DJ // Liquids Nightclub Resident
    Technic 1200's // Rane 62 // MacBook Pro Retina // Ton of vinyl
    www.facebook.cm/DJLayinLo
    https://soundcloud.com/djlayinlo

Tech Mentor

Yea but I've got 2500 tunes so none have got bpm on there's loads of genres that why I need it. An thanks I'm doing that now

you downloaded 2500 new tunes for your first gig tomorrow? good luck, man.

ps: i don't even want to know if you paid for all of them...
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Quote Originally Posted by Raver Ste View Post
    Yea but I've got 2500 tunes so none have got bpm on there's loads of genres that why I need it. An thanks I'm doing that now
    i got to ask

why not play stuff you know and had already? I mean, lf i get payed, personally i would show up with at least half a pre planned set list plus some extra tunes, and preferably all stuff i know by heart just in case I can't get the vibe going with what i had planned. So i can fall back into a tried and tested routine if needed
    Last edited by Rip van Winkle; 08-22-2014 at 09:34 AM.
    HP Pavillion 17" , i7 core 2nd gen, 8Gb ram / Traktor Scratch Pro 2 / Ableton Live suite 8 & 9 / Traktor Kontrol S4 / Traktor Kontrol F1 / 2x Numark TT200 / Hercules DJ Console RMX / Akai MPD24 / Evolution MK425C / Evolution UC33 / Sennheiser HD215 / M-Audio Audiophiles BX5A active monitors

Tech Guru

Im not even going to ask if you got all 2500 tunes legally, Im hoping you did.

But like others have said, you won't even know your tracks by the time the party comes, so why not just play the music you already have?
    Technics 1210 MK2 x 2 / A&H Xone:22 / Shure M35S / Urbanears Zinken / Mukatsuku Record Weights x 2 / Vinyl
    iMac / Ableton Live 8 / Reason / Akai EIE Pro / Adam A5x / Boss BX 800 / Soundcraft EPM6 / MFB 522 / Korg Monotribe / Maschine Mikro MK1 / NI Kontrol X1 MK1 / Akai APC 20 / Novation Remote 25sl Compact

could be a corrupted file interrupting the analyze as well. Try to see at what point the analyze process stops and analyze everything but that file.

And what others have said, why are you adding a bunch of stuff that you don't know for a set? And seriously, 2500 tunes for your gig? How long are you playing? Even if you only play a tune for 2 minutes, that's almost 100 hours!
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

You should have known what music you were playing weeks before this party, not the day before. And downloading 2500 most likely top 40 torrent crap in who knows what bitrate/quality the tracks are or if they are clean/uncensored? I say ditch the 2500, just delete it. If you didn't have the tracks for this party organized and thought out before this party happened, then that's your bad.

Good luck, I hope it goes well.

What equipment are you using by the way?

Tech Mentor

I do know the tunes loads of complication classics albums an some new stuff. I have sorted into a couple playlists I was just thinking it's better to have all those to choose from then to wish I downloaded more. I will make an a list playlist and a couple more

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast