Promoting Facebook events

Default Promoting Facebook events

Has anyone ever used the promotion feature on facebook to promote an event?

I'm not hosting a party but I'm also not getting paid a fixed price. I normally wouldn't accept the gig, but the guy has good connections so I wanted to start working with him. His offer was I sell tickets for $10 and I keep $6.

Anyways, I made a facebook event and you can promote it locally. For example, for $5, 750-2000 people get in touch with the event. I was just curious if anyone has ever used that feature and if it actually does anything.

Another thing, I hate putting my personal info like emails or phone numbers on the internet, but if I do that, I guess I have no choice. If random people need to contact me, there would be no other way or is there?

Save your money, Facebook advertising is not worth it. Just share and have your friends like the post s

Also ... you are getting paid for hustling tickets NOT for playing out. I hope this is not a regular occurrence, because this is a practice you should not support.

↯↯ OFFICIAL SITE // MY SETUP ↯↯

Quote Originally Posted by Eliot Han View Post
    Save your money, Facebook advertising is not worth it. Just share and have your friends like the post s

Also ... you are getting paid for hustling tickets NOT for playing out. I hope this is not a regular occurrence, because this is a practice you should not support.
    Well said. Don't be a ticket pimp.

Thanks for the tip guys. After the guy contacted me, I told him if he wants to hire me again I'm not a promoter and I want a fixed pay. I said yes this time because he has a lot of connections.

Not a bad way to get your foot in the door, but I like your plan of attack for the future.

Interesting thing with FB now is that although you may have 1000 friends your reach is a lot smaller unless you "advertise" through FB.i wouldn't bother in the instance you describe as like you said you are not the promoter but worth noting. This time round I would use the invite all code and see how much money you can make. It may be worth having a word with the promoter and saying that if u bring x amount of people this time you expect a fixed wage next time. That way you have proved your worth and hopefully brought the promoter a brand new audience. If you can build up your relationship and the promoter isn't just using you ( I've seen scams like this where promoters do this weekly with djs) this could be fruitful for you both.
    DJ, Producer, Radio Presenter & Tutor
    Win8 64bit / TP2.6.8 / Ableton / Maschine
    S4 / X1 / F1 / Z1 / Maschine Mikro / Midi Fighter Twister / Akai Mini Mk2 / Boss FS-5U
    Twitter: @joegrime
    www.soundcloud.com/joegrime // www.mixcloud.com/joegrime

Quote Originally Posted by Ash Carr View Post
    You should pimp your tickets on www.residentadvisor.net and set yourself up as a ticket seller.
    lol

Tech Mentor

We used FB advertising for the last party our crew threw we had a lot of success with it. However out sourced the advertising portion to my brother who works in viral media, advertising, and user retention (apps), so he played those parameters like a instrument. i'll ask him more about how to use boost posts properly.

If you don't have a budget for for advertising you can still use FB with good results. You need to post at 11AM, 3PM, and 11PM because those are the times of the greatest traffic of people messing around at work, and checking their phones before they go to bed. other people liking desired posts will push those posts to the top without having to pay money for it. Just make sure you have a group of friends that are willing to be systemic in the timing of their likes so that the maximum amount of reach can make it to other users.

EDIT; also, make sure youre offering something to your guests besides "check me out". post something witty and then referencing back to your event. or post some puppies because most girls will watch any puppy video.
    Last edited by Killing time; 09-01-2014 at 02:02 PM.