Traktor Collection on External Hard Drive | Multiple PCs?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Traktor Collection on External Hard Drive | Multiple PCs?

Hi. Is it possible to store all Traktor data (collection) on an external hard drive so that you can launch your collection on any computer that has Traktor installed as long as the hard drive is connected?

I do this with iTunes but realize there is probably a bit more to the idea with Traktor.

I'd like to be able to work on my collection on my desktop and then be able to open later to perform on my laptop..

Thanks

All my Traktor settings files are on an external drive.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

I usually have a backup of my track collection on a 8 gig thumbdrive as well as an external drive and a D drive. And I of course have ALL of my tracks on the Google cloud
    Numark 4 Trak | VCI-400 | Fostex PM0.3 Bookshelf Monitors | The Triple Threat NI-F1, N1-X1-MK2, NI-Z1 | Serato DJ/Flip

Yes you can but you may have to change the drive letter in the preferences. different computer, different drive letter.
    I have traktor on my everyday windows 8 and also on my dual boot ssd. collection stays on the ssd so i can jam on either os with the same collection.
    Also as the lads have mentioned, backing up the entire traktor settings folder is a good idea.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by Jester
    Also as the lads have mentioned, backing up the entire traktor settings folder is a good idea.
    DON'T learn this the hard way.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy

<-- Too late
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Same here.

Me too. That sucked, but at least for me, I am still a n00b, so my settings were only barely tweaked - but I had customized my controller mapping already, so... yeah.

It is especially important to back up your settings in that case - I keep them on a SpiderOak (Dropbox without the spying) share so they're backed up off-site easily.

Tech Guru

Luckly I never had to use a backup, but I really want to do this the right way when it happens.

Is this all I need to backup? (I use a PC, but will buy a macbook soon and want to use the same tracks and the same settings on both computers):

- "Native Instruments" folder on "My Documents"

- Music folders (I sort tracks by genre on separate folders like "Deep", "Tech", etc. so I don't create playlists I simply play the tracks on Traktor using these folders)

- exported .tsi file on Traktor settings
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

Just the first two dani, settings, collection etc are all in that folder

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast