I give in
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I give in

Default I give in

Hi, I was posting some months ago asking questions about how to start out and what gear everyone reccomended. Maybe 5 months has passed since this time, and still I have made no in roads to obtaining a controller. My problem is you see, i am driven crazy by choice, By that I mean, I find it hard to select one controller. This problem when trying to choose somthing extends to other areas in my life, For example, I hate opening a menu in a resturant that has a wide selection of food, I will usually shut the menu and order somthing I see someone else eating. Or the fact that i have spent up to an hour going over toothbrushes in the supermarket..

Initially people advised me to get the VC1-100, but I was reluctant, and was persistant in my search for another controller, First came the Xone 4d stage, then came the SCS series, Then there was the Kontrol 1, Fader fox, Cdj 400's This constant changing Of ideas has left me with nothing and everyday is another day wasted that I will be wishing I had started to learn how to DJ. Just yesterday I was reading about the new xone DX, Immediatly I decided it was for me, I began calling suppliers and asking about first shipment, It would appear that none will be ready untill mid december. I was dissapointed and initially found myself thinking that I could wait. However, I know myself, It would just end up being another phase, then there would be a period were I had another distraction in my life and my DJ aspirations would be put on the backburner... Only for me at a lter date to be Disspointed.

Knowing that The xone 4d's had problems I started to think, why do I want this controller? I had to be honest with myself, Its because it looks good.. What are the pro's and Con's...

Pro's - it looks good.

Cons - Expensive, Untested.

Why dont I wait some time, Maybe the price will come down and after some time it will prove itself as others test it with traktor... F%&k it, I need a controller of quality and I need it ASAP.

Now Im begining to think rationally, So this leaves me where?? Still I have no controller... And then I just gave in, Im going to order A VC1-100SE. The same controller recommended to me 5 months ago, already im feeling a step in the right direction.

This leads me to my Question. Where I live (Bali) I havnt access to a DJ store, for this reason I have to order from overseas, I will be getting my SE from DJTT. Can Anyone reccomend to me some basic equipment I will find myself Needing to be able to plug and play.

Already I know I will order a 2 channel soundcard, Besides for the obvious such as headphones,are there things that wont be included with the SE that I will need. e.g, cables, leads etc.

Thanks

Julian
    Last edited by narrah; 10-26-2009 at 05:36 PM.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

You will need:

high quality USB 2.0 cables (also found in the store)
    audio cables for your soundcard to your speakers
    and...
    um...
    yeah, that should do you solid
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

if you keep putting it off, there will (seemingly) *always* be something better coming out soon. it's just the way technology works. it keeps improving. my advice is to find something that works for you. even if it takes a couple of tries, you have to at least *start*, right? without (much) bias (as i started on a vci), i haven't used an SE but i think it's capable of doing pretty much whatever style of mixing you want to do, given the right mapping. sometimes i still long for my vci because not only is it an awesome controller to start on, but it will fit your needs even when you want to do the most complex things.
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

I'm with hipnotikk, they'll always be something better coming out, so just get over that part mate if money's not the issue for you then my vote would be for the A&H DX. It looks the biz and is a good rock solid BEAST imo If you are umming and ahhing tho, i would go for the VCI as it is a very versatile controller that caters for lots of mixing styles.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Its not what your using, its how you use it !

You can have the hottest gear in the world, but that doesnt mean anything if you don't have the skills.

Less obsession with the gear and more obsession about building up your skills will make you a much mucH muCH mUCH MUCH better DJ.

Should also be noted that all VCI-100's sold from DJTT come with DJTT quality cables to help prevent dropouts.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    Should also be noted that all VCI-100's sold from DJTT come with DJTT quality cables to help prevent dropouts.
    Are you talking about the usb cables that are currently out of stock and sold in the store? Because I just got my VCI-100 SE a little over a month ago and did not receive the hi-quality cable. No gold connector. No ferrite chokes.
    DJ Setup: Traktor Pro 1.2, VCI-100 SE, Audio Kontrol 1, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro, Dell Inspiron E1505
    Other: MC-909, MC-505, Ableton Live 8, Reason 3, ReCycle 2, Traktor DJ Studio 3, BCD2000, Yamaha KX25, Radium 49, Korg nanoKONTROL
    Check out my tech-house mix on Soundcloud: Trickin' Out Tha Bird

Anaheim Hills, CA, Lake Havasu, Az, & Las Vegas, Nv

I don't agree not to obsess over gear before you choose it, iv mentally played almost every controller on the market, it's a good way to see if you'll utilize it - before wasting some real time & hassling with it.

the only additional $hit you'll need is speakers+practice.

That kind of reminds me of a guy over on djforums.. A new DJ who started out on a Xone 92, two 1200's and a Xone 1D. Didn't think he had enough control so bought another 1D and 2 more 1200's. A few months later he didn't like that and sold just about everything but 2 1200's and bought a Xone 4D. After only a few days with the 4D, he whined about the shortcomings (come on, its practically the same as his prev setup) and he STILL felt like he needed more control and bought 2 1D's again. And then last weekend, well he bought an APC40.. And guess what? He still wasn't satisfied.. Almost unbelievable except for the fact he posts pics every time he gets a new piece of kit. Everyone is still waiting for him to post that elusive set though

Quote Originally Posted by kewlbreeze View Post
    Are you talking about the usb cables that are currently out of stock and sold in the store? Because I just got my VCI-100 SE a little over a month ago and did not receive the hi-quality cable. No gold connector. No ferrite chokes.
    Probably because they were out of stock, mail orders@djtechtools.com and we might be able to sort you out with one when they come back in stock.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    Probably because they were out of stock, mail orders@djtechtools.com and we might be able to sort you out with one when they come back in stock.
    Thanks for the reply. Email being sent shortly.
    DJ Setup: Traktor Pro 1.2, VCI-100 SE, Audio Kontrol 1, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro, Dell Inspiron E1505
    Other: MC-909, MC-505, Ableton Live 8, Reason 3, ReCycle 2, Traktor DJ Studio 3, BCD2000, Yamaha KX25, Radium 49, Korg nanoKONTROL
    Check out my tech-house mix on Soundcloud: Trickin' Out Tha Bird

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast