Traktor recording problems...

Default Traktor recording problems...

as the title says, I am having some recording problems with Traktor. I am getting dropouts when I record my audio. so what ever audio goes into deck C and gets recorded has random drop outs. although everything seems fine when it comes out of the sound system, which is also coming from deck C

I am thinking maybe it has to to do with the connection, although i am using focusrite 18i8, which should be able to handle the power. maybe if I record with a portable recorder instead... its weird, this seems like a new problem that is occurring.

ROUTING:

deck A -out 3-4
    deck B out 5-6
    deck C out 1-2
    deck C in 7-8

decks A + B go to xone 62. Deck C is linked to external record in traktor, getting audio from outs on mixer.

not enough CPU power my guess
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

I would think it's more likely that your disk controller might be getting overloaded than your CPU. If it's CPU, then it should be audible in the mix as well, but as with SFM, I am only guessing.

No, actually. Had the same problem with that type of recording on my 1.2.7 Traktor Pro, solved it by increasing latency in ASIO driver panel for my soundcard (and later I installed Traktor on a seperate/dual boot partition with a lite version of winXP). Traktor probably prioritizes live audio when CPU resources get low or smth
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    No, actually. Had the same problem with that type of recording on my 1.2.7 Traktor Pro, solved it by increasing latency in ASIO driver panel for my soundcard (and later I installed Traktor on a seperate/dual boot partition with a lite version of winXP). Traktor probably prioritizes live audio when CPU resources get low or smth
    i will try that... i have a dual boot with 2 HDD's the sata has linux(everyday) and win7(work) on it with my DJ/Production stuff installed on an SSD