The Drum & Bass Thread (formally Drum 'n' Bass is dead?) - Page 11
Page 11 of 223 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Did some dubstep mixing tonight. Awesome vibe, though I am still not in favour of hearing it longer than 15 minutes when dancing in the clubs.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

For those of you who like dubsteps check out Optimus Gryme on beatport, he is playing at the next gig me n Kaon put on.

Tech Guru

Sic. You need to record the full set so I can listen to it!

//

I kinda agree with you Tekki, but I saw N-Type live... he played 3 hours of masssssive dubstep and it was awesome. I mean I was sitting down for like the last hour blazed as fuck on the couch tripping out... but yeah.

Tho I have to say when he dropped some DnB at the end I was fucking stoked to hear it, and got my crazy feet on hard.

Nice one dudes!

At the moment I am very much into Bar 9 - Shaolin, Reso - Onslaught and SPL - Lust.

But will check Optimus Gryme and N-Type. (After checking some more Black Sun Empire to wake up. )

Have check them at Beatport, Optimus Gryme had some nice tracks, though I could not relate to N-Type. (Only Way of the dub was kinda nice)

Though I ran into Rusko - Cockney Thug.
    (Some nice sampling of Bricktop! )
    Last edited by tekki; 10-10-2008 at 01:38 AM.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)

Tech Guru

N-Types production imo isnt that hot, hes more recognised as a DJ then anything else... well actually hes supposed to be the premier dubstep DJ. Listen to the dubstep allstars mixes (all mixed by NType). His skills as a track Selektah are beyond compare.

Okee, will look into that one, thanks bro'!

Might have to check some of these artists out for myself, i don't closely follow dubstep but i don't mind listening to it from time to time.

Tech Guru

These are prob my favs:
    Skream
    Benga
    Plastician
    Headhunter
    Kode 9
    High Rankin
    Coki
    Bulletproof

Theres also Caspa & Rusko... but they are more mainstream dubstep. Get kinda tiring after a while.
    Hatcha

I'd like to add SPL, Bar9 and Reso to that.

i add marlow
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.