The Drum & Bass Thread (formally Drum 'n' Bass is dead?) - Page 3
Page 3 of 223 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

that latest pendulum album seriously blows hard!

also, Andy C - Nightlife 3 makes me go off my nut everytime i find the cd in my car.
    not sure about the scene but the good stuff never dies - just like 1999 oakenfold.

Quote Originally Posted by Wuz View Post
    that latest pendulum album seriously blows hard!
    lol right on, i have to admit some of their older tracks that were more traditional dnb were pretty killer, so by no means am i all hate.

Listening to Pendulum is like listening to Culture Club set to Amen breaks. The new album is toilet water. I'll still drop Slam tho =)

BTW, DnB is not dead. It's alive and kicking here in Los Angeles; more and more producers and DJs are getting work everyday. If it is dead, then this is DnB's afterlife, where the darkness will prevail and engulf the masses in waves and waves of sub-sonic bass. Any strobe-light honey will tell you that nothing will make them more wet than a deep, penetrating bassline. What other than DnB can deliver that?

Ain't afterlife beautiful. Damn!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by Damien1138 View Post
    BTW, DnB is not dead. It's alive and kicking here in Los Angeles; more and more producers and DJs are getting work everyday. If it is dead, then this is DnB's afterlife, where the darkness will prevail and engulf the masses in waves and waves of sub-sonic bass. Any strobe-light honey will tell you that nothing will make them more wet than a deep, penetrating bassline. What other than DnB can deliver that?
    drool...
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

Tech Mentor

God damn i can still remember the first time i heard slam. with the intro and everything, it drops sooo fat! yummy!

I can understand why you can get annoyed when you only here "Pendulum" when some people are talking about drum and bass. I still prefer Hold Your Colour > In Silico but it's growing on me slowly. Some of the drum lines are pretty hard.
    obsidiance » breaks-drum'n'bass-big beats

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Hold you color was a sic album,
    I can still remember the first time I heard the intro to Slam. In fact that album pretty was responsible for pulling me back to d&b in a big way.

I think at the end of the day hold your color wasn't really about pendulum so much as the feature artists.

Bento I totally agree with you, my use of the word litz may have been a little ambiguous to those outside Hamilton.

The new album stinks, and it is a sore point that suddenly everyone knows who they are because of it, but are still all like "hold your what?".

After seeing their pathetic attempt at a show this year, and paying 80 fucking dollars for an hour long set of metal trying to be d&b with a drummer who constantly lost time I really have a hard time saying anything positive about them.

I guess the dubstep dj before them was pretty sic lol

Tech Mentor

hahahaha midifidler!

I have heard so much bad news about their live "shows". I don't mind some of the tracks on In Silico, iIreally didn't like it at first but granite goes alright. Don't listen to it expecting to hear awesome dnb. IMO it isn't a dnb album at all, and if your open to other stuff then some of it is ok.
    obsidiance » breaks-drum'n'bass-big beats

Well in my case it was Noisia that pulled me back into D&B and ofcourse some relistening of older technical itch, bad company, krush and die.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --