CDJ 2000 Nexus HID with Serato

Default CDJ 2000 Nexus HID with Serato

Hi all,

After a long hiatus and moving into a new place I finally decided to dust off my gear and get it all up and running again. On discovering that my Xone DB4 is now serato DJ certified, I thought I'd give that a go with my 2x CDJ 2000 nexus controlling decks 1&2 in HID mode. Keeping it simple to get back on the horse

However, I'll be damned if I can get deck 1 to work. I think it's a problem with the CDJ, it simply refuses to recognise a connection to my laptop. Both CDJs are connected to a powered USB hub and into the laptop, and deck 2 instantly recognises the connection but pressing link on deck 1 gives me no options. I've tried directly plugging deck 1 into the laptop with one of the USB cables that is working for deck 2, but still no joy.

Can any of you think of any explanation other than the USB connection on the deck 1 CDJ being fubar?

Thanks a mil,

FEP.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Mentor

I would check the firmware on both cdjs and make sure that they are updated to the latest version. That might help.

Quote Originally Posted by peedot View Post
    I would check the firmware on both cdjs and make sure that they are updated to the latest version. That might help.
    I updated both to the latest FW (1.3) before setting up, but thanks for the suggestion
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5

I usually dont get an option to pick a deck... it'll "think" for a long time but if I just push the encoder while it's thinking it'll connect, it's not as smooth as I'd like but it works. Also the DB4 requires the Serato Club Kit, so as long as you have that you should be good

Quote Originally Posted by SupaSandeep View Post
    I usually dont get an option to pick a deck... it'll "think" for a long time but if I just push the encoder while it's thinking it'll connect, it's not as smooth as I'd like but it works. Also the DB4 requires the Serato Club Kit, so as long as you have that you should be good
    DB4 is working fine, it's just the left CDJ doesn't even give me the option for USB Midi - link menu is blank.

Update on this - tried the CDJ again today and now it's completely unresponsive, giving me a "E-8709 Communication Error", which google tells me is something to do with the internal PCBs being unable to communicate with each other.

So the good news is, the USB port is probably fine. The bad news is that one of the PCBs may be buggered which is way more expensive to fix.

Looks like it's beans for dinner for the rest of this month.

Update - main PCB is fried and it's going to cost £370 to fix.

This was immediately after a firmware upgrade - can't confirm that caused the issue but seems odd.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post

This was immediately after a firmware upgrade - can't confirm that caused the issue but seems odd.
    Out of curiosity, how were you able to diagnose that issue?

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post

Could have been dropped during the move. Just had the same exact issue with one of mine, but was only $125 USD to get fixed. Total shit that it hapened right before the headliner needed the deck tho.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6