Korg Zero 4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Korg Zero 4

Tech Student

Default Korg Zero 4

Hello everybody,

first of all thanks for all your posts you will do on this thread. (and sorry for my bad english )

Iīve got the Korg Zero 4 Mixer 2 Technicīs TTīs and Traktor Pro 1.2.

My question is:

Has anyone got an idea how to logically setup the Midi-Mapping for the Korg Zero 4?

Iīve been trying months to Map the Zero 4 and all of it was crap it doesnt make much sense

If anyone has got a cool Mapping for the Zero 4 with Traktor 1.2 it would be great!

Thank you very much!
    Greetings

DJ R33p3r

What are you looking to control with the mapping, that's the main question? Are you using it in midi exclusive or midi/audio?

13" MacBook Pro 2.7 i7 w/dual Raid0 OWC SSDs - S4 - Ableton Live 8- Lemur- iPad 2

Tech Student

Thanks for the answer Phaidon!

I will use the Korg zero 4 in full midi mode. (i dont use it actually cause i have no idea what to controll with)

Good Question Phaidon "what youīre looking to control with?" i dont know which controls would be sensible for the midi channel of the korg
    i thought someone can give me some suggestions

I was in my Musicstore today and they told me that they have no clue what to controll with the midi channels :eek:
    they said "you can control anything sensible but not traktor" (stu**** i****)

Quote Originally Posted by R33p3r View Post
    I was in my Musicstore today and they told me that they have no clue what to controll with the midi channels :eek:
    they said "you can control anything sensible but not traktor" (stu**** i****)
    I never believe anything i hear from the guys in a music store! If anyone wants real advice they should just hop on DJTT forums !

I'm currently using mine in audio/midi mode, using the right 4 knobs of each channel to control the Xone 92 eq in traktor. Then I use the EQ of the Zero 4in filter mode so that I basically have a HP/LP filter on each channel. I haven't found a decent use for the cut/on switch yet, but I might use it for FX.

I'm also toying around with using it in full MIDI mode and mapping the original EQ's to the Traktor EQ's, then using the 4 right channel knobs as a different kind of filter control through ableton, but this hasn't materialized yet.

The thing that pisses me off about the Zero 4 is that you can't keep the cue buttons functioning in MIDI mode. It would be close to perfect if you didn't lose one channel for cueing.

13" MacBook Pro 2.7 i7 w/dual Raid0 OWC SSDs - S4 - Ableton Live 8- Lemur- iPad 2

Tech Convert

Hi R33p3r I was just browsing the forums and found this post. I've also got a Zero4 and a pair of Tech12's and use them in conjunction with a Trigger Finger and a Macbook to run my mixes. I don't do full MIDI as I like running my TSP in external mode.

I hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting a link to another thread in another forum, but it took me a hell of a long time to write, LOL. See the attached TSI, hopefully you might be able to get a good base to build on. I'm also attaching my ZeroEdit config as I did modify the MIDI output of the Zero4 to start at channel 2. Hope this helps.

http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...ad.php?t=91105

I'm going to be selling my Zero4. Just not working out for me the way I wanted it to.

Tech Convert

Dude if I had the cash I'd buy that one off you too. I could use a backup. I guess I'll just keep waiting and saving for what might be a DVS-compatible Vestax.

Quote Originally Posted by TeLLy View Post
    Dude if I had the cash I'd buy that one off you too. I could use a backup. I guess I'll just keep waiting and saving for what might be a DVS-compatible Vestax.
    I'll be in Toronto in February. I'll save it for you if you want.

Tech Convert

I won't have money till after the wedding in May, don't bother I'm a pauper of a man right now. But we should go get some drinks when you get into town.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast