with all of these new toys...
    Tech Wizard

Default with all of these new toys...

Let's not forget that the music you play is the most important thing.

I would much rather hear a dj with ok mixing skills playing dope track after dope track than an amazing technical dj who plays boring music.

Remember that most people don't even know when you're mixing or what effects you're using. Only other dj's.

If I skim through a mix and I don't immediately like the songs I hear, I move on.

The music you play is king.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Whilst I agree with you this exact subject has been done to death on the forum and in recent months was the subject of a VERY VERY hissy thread that ended up being closed.

Let's keep it breezy up in here.

Banned

Personally I don't like to skim that much because a lot of times a mix will grow on me. Some mixes are like ugly dogs, they have their charms.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Whilst I agree with you this exact subject has been done to death on the forum and in recent months was the subject of a VERY VERY hissy thread that ended up being closed.

Let's keep it breezy up in here.
    Fair enough. I've heard more than a few mixes lately that were high on technical ability but low on musical quality. I guess that's all just very subjective though.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by TMAS View Post

I would much rather hear a dj with ok mixing skills playing dope track after dope track than an amazing technical dj who plays boring music.

Remember that most people don't even know when you're mixing or what effects you're using. Only other dj's.

The music you play is king.

no, you should have both an amazing skill set and also dope music. and folks do notice if you are mixing the crap out of your records, the problem is there are too few left these days. you've probably never seen one. Even one knows Jeff Mills kills it. it's totally obvious..