Traktor won't show up the Key - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Schalenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    I NEVER analyse my tracks for key in Traktor. Only MIK, and take the key info from the browser.
    I also add the key info into the deck header (from the Tag) in Traktor.
    Can you explain this a little better please? I also use MIK.

Each Deck has a header, where you can decide which information is displayed.

There are 9 fields in the header.

You can shoose which field displays what in the preferences. Each field will have a drop-down in the preferences whee you can chose what it displays.

I have Title, artist, time, time elapsed, key, original bpm, current bpm, beats to cue. But there are LOADS of others you can chose from.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scalage View Post
    I do know about the circle of fifths. And this is what I don't understand. In piano books there are a meriad of versions of it, some with two layers, some with three (to show the diminished scale) and none of them are such greedy assholes as MIK. None of them are copyrighted with special notations.
    MIK is a business and to be fair to them they kinda reinvented the wheel (pardon the pun) and created software that enabled DJ's to mix harmonically with little understanding of notation. They did it first to my knowledge.

I guess they saw an opportunity that other had missed.

Actually, I was handed my first "Circle of Fifths" in my Freshman year at University by my Music Theory instructor - and theirs is not significantly different. I will give them credit for coming up with a great key detection algorithm, but the "Camelot Wheel" is just them scribbling on top of their notes from Uni and copyrighting it.

Schalenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Each Deck has a header, where you can decide which information is displayed.

There are 9 fields in the header.

You can shoose which field displays what in the preferences. Each field will have a drop-down in the preferences whee you can chose what it displays.

I have Title, artist, time, time elapsed, key, original bpm, current bpm, beats to cue. But there are LOADS of others you can chose from.
    Ok, this I know. I guess I read what you wrote as though there was a way to show MIK notation in Traktor somehow.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deathy View Post
    Actually, I was handed my first "Circle of Fifths" in my Freshman year at University by my Music Theory instructor - and theirs is not significantly different. I will give them credit for coming up with a great key detection algorithm, but the "Camelot Wheel" is just them scribbling on top of their notes from Uni and copyrighting it.
    They rotated the wheel 120 degrees. Sometime it's that tiny change that makes all the difference.

Banned

Go to the MIK homepage and follow their instructions on how to use it with traktor. They got pics and everything there. The trick is to at the end find the itunes folder in traktor and choose it again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12