do you just mix top 40 or create your own music? or both?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default do you just mix top 40 or create your own music? or both?

just wondering, how many on here just mix edm, top 40 etc. music (basically other artist music) or create your own music? or both?
    Last edited by djjsnu; 09-10-2014 at 10:08 PM.

Tech Guru

Why only top 40? Most people here probably don't mix top 40 unless it's for a show/club.
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

I mainly mix top 10, Freestyle from the 80's and R&B plus when I feel creative I play around with Traktors Remix decks.
    Last edited by bc6; 09-10-2014 at 11:44 PM.
    Numark 4 Trak | VCI-400 | Fostex PM0.3 Bookshelf Monitors | The Triple Threat NI-F1, N1-X1-MK2, NI-Z1 | Serato DJ/Flip

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50 View Post
    Why only top 40? Most people here probably don't mix top 40 unless it's for a show/club.
    sorry i meant any music top 40, edm, etc...basically other artist music i meant

I produce my own tracks, and I do play my originals in my sets, but I play more tracks from others than I do originals.

Tech Guru

I play other artist music, not exacly top 40.
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

Play for your crowd, never yourself - something I wish I could tell even the biggest DJs...

It's always fun to get a bit of 90s action in a set, some live remixing is good, but those who just play the top 40, or even Beatport top 100, just sound like 16 year olds who've learnt with mummy and daddy's money, because it makes them look cool with the expensive headphones on, you get me? If you can show diversity and knowledge and skill, crowds love it, and remember you as "that one DJ"...

However, if you're playing to 10 year olds at primary school leaving parties, they're too young to care, they just see you as someone with headphones and a computer thingy. Don't go there, man.

Always play tunes out i really like. Only buy music which gives me something special when i´m listening to it.
    So.. don´t look what´s in the charts or if tunes are in playlists from other DJ colleagues.
    For me - and as a DJ - i express myself through the music i play. It´s quite easy to play chart stuff only.. imo.

Depends the night and the place. I mix what I like and think the crowd will like and if it happens that a top 40 track makes people dance then I'll play it if it's good.

Tech Convert

I produce my own stuff, and use both that and others' tracks in my mixes.

I do DJ Drum & Bass though so...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast