apc 40 and sound card

Default apc 40 and sound card

i'm switching from the ns7 to ableton for djing and i'm having some trouble deciding what kind of sound card i would be best. i plan on using the apc 40 to mix inside of ableton. what kind of card would be best?

also, how would i be able to cue up a track using the card?

I just got an Audio 2 DJ ($119) to use with Ableton and APC 40 and it works great (at home )) But will give it a test in club on Saturday.
    And it does allow cueing. If you have more budget you may as well look at Audio 4 DJ or Audio 8 DJ or pretty much any sound card with 2 outputs.

Quote Originally Posted by deepstereo View Post
    I just got an Audio 2 DJ ($119) to use with Ableton and APC 40 and it works great (at home )) But will give it a test in club on Saturday.
    And it does allow cueing. If you have more budget you may as well look at Audio 4 DJ or Audio 8 DJ or pretty much any sound card with 2 outputs.
    The sound on those units is reaaaally good, the headphone output is a little low for those with bad hearing, but if you have bad heading you could use in ear headphones and the output will be heaps loud enough.

+1 on the Audio 2.

If you plan on mixing internally then this budget card has everything you need. The outputs sound great. At first i noticed that I needed to turn the headphone output pretty high during a test run for a gig I had. However, I borrowed a pair of Sony MDR-7506 from a friend and noticed that the output was plenty loud. I just never noticed how my original headphones did a poor job of isolating the sound.