House Music Advice
    Tech Wizard

Default House Music Advice

Hey,

Im looking for some advice from house Dj’s please.

I predominantly play techno but was looking to build a house set too but I wouldn’t be very familiar with house at all to be honest.

I would be looking for pretty lively jacking house if anyone had any recommendations.

My favourite house DJ that I have seen (not very many) would be Jesse Rose. So I guess any advice on that jacking style he plays live. I can start rooting through his labels and go from there I guess.

Just wondering if anyone else could point me in the right direction of this sound in terms of tracks/producers/labels. Just lively house music as such, with a decent kick off it would be perfect thanks.

Would really appreciate any recommendations.

Thanks in advance.

Tech Guru

I don't mean to be an asshole... but it IS a DJ's job to go searching for songs...

If you like Jesse Rose, find his sets and any mixes he has and just find the artists he plays. Then listen to the sets and mixes of THOSE artists. Rinse and repeat.
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50 View Post
    I don't mean to be an asshole... but it IS a DJ's job to go searching for songs...

If you like Jesse Rose, find his sets and any mixes he has and just find the artists he plays. Then listen to the sets and mixes of THOSE artists. Rinse and repeat.
    Sorry man, didnt mean to come across lazy like that. I have tried working my way through jesse rose tracklists and then follow on from the artists he plays etc. Jesse Rose is the only Dj starting point I have as such when it comes to house, that was kind of what I meant.

Just if any particular DJ outside of jesse rose that would help me on my way would be much appreciated. Im not looking to change my style or anything, but just want to get a nice house set together, and if any house dj could give me any reccomedations that would be apprecciated. If not no worries. Apologies again.

Check out the following DJs/shows: John Digweed, UMEK, Jay Lumen, Nueva Radio, Chocolate Puma, Ad Brown, Silk Royal Showcase (more progressive but still a worthwhile listen), Hot Since 82, J Paul Getto, Mark Farina, Turner & Heit.

edit: And if you (really anybody on this forum) aren't a premium subscriber to Digitally Imported (ww.DI.fm), you need to get on that. The free version is cool until you start memorizing the commercials, and the premium is totally worth it, personally. There are SO many stations you could just start listening to passively, then when something hits your interests or gives you goosebumps, check it out and research further.
    Pioneer XDJ-1000Mk1 -|- Numark TTX -|- Pioneer DJM-750

Spinning the deepest in tech and progressive house
    www.soundcloud.com/westonparish
    www.facebook.com/djwestonparish

Tech Mentor

Tech Mentor

What kind of techno do you play? There's a lot of stuff that works to cross over between house and techno! I've always played both, typically in the same set but I'll focus on one over the other depending on the situation.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by teknik1200 View Post
    What kind of techno do you play? There's a lot of stuff that works to cross over between house and techno! I've always played both, typically in the same set but I'll focus on one over the other depending on the situation.
    I don't really play that hard techno anymore to be honest, but I still like it to be lively with a nice thump off the bass. I guess tough funky tech house would be what I go for these days really, labels like GetFunkyMusic, Deeperfect records, stereo productions etc.

So just been curious on any jacking house/ tough funky house djs just to get a better feel of that sound. Thanks again every, any advise much appreciated.
    Last edited by nirian; 09-13-2014 at 01:46 AM.

Tech Mentor

Try mixmag on youtube, there is a section with lots of house sets. I personally spin lots of tech house, labels like Dirtybird, Pets Recording, Food, Moda to name a few.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by nirian View Post
    I don't really play that hard techno anymore to be honest, but I still like it to be lively with a nice thump off the bass. I guess tough funky tech house would be what I go for these days really, labels like GetFunkyMusic, Deeperfect records, stereo productions etc.

So just been curious on any jacking house/ tough funky house djs just to get a better feel of that sound. Thanks again every, any advise much appreciated.
    I'm more into the deeper side of things 3d ear recordings, moods and grooves, kdj type stuff for house. there's a lot of perlon stuff with house elements that's pretty slick.