Considering going to a DJ academy - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Just remember - there are a MILLION DJ's out there that DON'T use sync, and ONLY make "standard" mixes.

They don't get any respect either, 'cos beatmatching (difficult to learn, but easy once mastered) 2 tunes and "vanilla" (A>B) mixing between them, shows absolutely ZERO creativity.

But let's not make this into an A>B argument.

(Dear God what have I done...?)
    I've seen plany

Banned

lol, plany. The problem with typing like that is that your posts are filled with inadvertent misspellings and wrong word choices to begin with so being creative with spellings is just silly when you haven't mastered normal writing to begin with. You're not a little Salinger.

The thing is, since you put your mix up there and declared that you could beat match when you obviously couldn't it's obvious that you can't discern the difference with your ears yet. So no, you haven't seen "plany."

Your time would be better spent on practicing than playing out your little character here.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Raver Ste View Post
    You can't beatmatch.

https://soundcloud.com/dj-habit17/summer-mix

listen to my latest and best mix ive done

at 6:10 how would you rate that.
    to me thats beat matching but i will most likely be proven wrong
    Wow the beatmatching is bad. You should try playing with CDJs, and I mean CD ones, when you have no way out but learning it you will eventually learn it.
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

That academy looks pretty legit. My advice would be to go for it if you have the time and (obviously) money. However, do not think that you will be opening for Carl Cox straight after you graduate, these courses are great for teachng you the fundamentals, techniques etc but actually learning to pick the perfect track & perform is something they cannot teach you mate. This only comes from experience. Good luck.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Banned

I saw Carl Cox a few years back in Tokyo, and that a-wad went on a 10 minute scratch masturbation marathon at the end of his set before throwing his record out vertically like a throwing star and hitting some poor girl right in the face with it. Who the fck throws a record like that?

Lets keep it on topic eh.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by JaF View Post
    10 minute scratch masturbation marathon?
    so when a jazz musician is on a solo is that masturbation also?

Banned

Depends if they are enjoying it more than the audience. I liked him when he was playing, but at the end, with no music playing, just scratching without it being danceable he lost the audience.

My bad, memory is not as good as I thought, Wasn't Carl Cox, although I did see him, it was DJ Rush who pulled the ninja move.
    Last edited by JaF; 09-12-2014 at 08:15 PM.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by JaF View Post
    lol, plany. The problem with typing like that is that your posts are filled with inadvertent misspellings and wrong word choices to begin with so being creative with spellings is just silly when you haven't mastered normal writing to begin with. You're not a little Salinger.

The thing is, since you put your mix up there and declared that you could beat match when you obviously couldn't it's obvious that you can't discern the difference with your ears yet. So no, you haven't seen "plany."

Your time would be better spent on practicing than playing out your little character here.
    You need to get a life, you keep replying to my comments and I just ignore you because you're a prat I use this forum on my phone and tbh I don't give a shit about spelling it an Internet forum I quickly post my reply then get back to my day but clearly you sit on the forum all day thinking you're a big man. An yea I have son I know what good mix is and a great mix just because I can't do it myself dosnt mean I don't know what a good mix is. To think you wrote a paragraph over my mistake 'plant' tyour the reason why I hate forums there's cunts like you on every forum.
    Last edited by Raver Ste; 09-13-2014 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Mispelling

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Daniboy View Post
    Wow the beatmatching is bad. You should try playing with CDJs, and I mean CD ones, when you have no way out but learning it you will eventually learn it.
    Why would I stop using my turntables and use CDs lol ? I don't get your logic

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast