Wow I like the "Sync" button

Default Wow I like the "Sync" button

Well I decided to branch out of my comfort zone and decided to remix a song from other remixes and found a use for the sync button. It (the sync button) helped me keep all of my 6 slices in beat on my remix deck into something that sounds like a real song. Without the sync button this would have been a train wreck waiting to happen. So don't hate on the sync button too much it's a pretty useful tool.
    Numark 4 Trak | VCI-400 | Fostex PM0.3 Bookshelf Monitors | The Triple Threat NI-F1, N1-X1-MK2, NI-Z1 | Serato DJ/Flip

i could have told you that
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Convert

There's nothing wrong with the sync-button! It definitely takes more skill to not use, especially when you've got a thousand things happening at once. I absolutely admire people who don't use it. But, it's just another tool that makes things easier. Maybe it is selling out, I don't know. But, it does work, and there's nothing wrong with using it!

Sync buttons are a godsend with live remixing. You're right - train wreck waiting to happen.

It is a very useful tool. The folks that are of the opinion that it is not useful are either jaded old school vinyl heads (no problem with that), or they haven't reached a point where their skillset and determination hasn't pushed themselves to the point of requiring it to branch out from standard mixing.

However, you do have to put the time in which it sounds like you have. Sort of a rite of passage to spend some time beatmatching and mastering that as much as possible, then moving on to sync when you want to get super creative and explore your other options.
    Pioneer XDJ-1000Mk1 -|- Numark TTX -|- Pioneer DJM-750

Spinning the deepest in tech and progressive house
    www.soundcloud.com/westonparish
    www.facebook.com/djwestonparish

There's nothing wrong with using a sync button. It just improves your mixing in so many levels. It allows you to do more tricks, making you a better DJ. Beatmatching is not what I look at to determine a DJs skill level (well, if someone can't beatmatch then obviously they shouldn't be doing gigs and shouldn't be called DJs just yet).

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    i could have told you that
    ...and 1000 times previously.

Tech Mentor

I learnt to beat match on vinyl this is pre CDJ days and got back into to djing in the last few years and I love the sync button and digital djing. I find it funny all the hate for the sync button and associated tools a boring dj sounds boring if his mixing vinyl or wav files with a controller.

Did you think the early disco and house dj's were keeping it real only mixing on belt driven turntables because it was harder than mixing on a direct drive unit.