Do you go to Google Play to get your music?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Do you go to Google Play to get your music?

Lately Google has been giving away freebies like albums and tracks too. Today they are giving away some free hip hop tracks. It's an ok selection but hey its free so Im not complaining more tracks to add to my collection.
    Numark 4 Trak | VCI-400 | Fostex PM0.3 Bookshelf Monitors | The Triple Threat NI-F1, N1-X1-MK2, NI-Z1 | Serato DJ/Flip

The track encryption rate would have to be fairly good (on par with 320kbps MP3 at a minimum), or else it wouldn't really be worth bothering with from a sound quality point of view. Though I suppose if Cross DJ allows for tracks from Google Play to be used at some point, that might change. I've already uploaded my existing Beatport track collection to Play Music, so that could come in handy if that does happen.
    Last edited by Notanon; 09-18-2014 at 03:51 AM.

Default Google Music

Any music you buy (and then download) from Google Music is 320k MP3s, so the quality is pretty high.

Wow I didnt know that, thanks for the info. I'm no audiophile but the music I've d/l from Google does sound pretty good.
    Numark 4 Trak | VCI-400 | Fostex PM0.3 Bookshelf Monitors | The Triple Threat NI-F1, N1-X1-MK2, NI-Z1 | Serato DJ/Flip

Tech Mentor

with the lower bit rate recordings you might not notice until you actually play it on a loud system.

320 is what you are after.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by DJTroyT View Post
    Any music you buy (and then download) from Google Music is 320k MP3s, so the quality is pretty high.
    How easy is that to do with Google Play? On Amazon you now have to go through steps declining cloud, declining their proprietary downloader and player... I'm just about fed up with them. I'm looking for alternatives.

I mostly use my DJ pool but sometimes need older stuff (or country) not available on DJ City.

Quote Originally Posted by b ill View Post
    How easy is that to do with Google Play? On Amazon you now have to go through steps declining cloud, declining their proprietary downloader and player... I'm just about fed up with them. I'm looking for alternatives.

I mostly use my DJ pool but sometimes need older stuff (or country) not available on DJ City.
    Its pretty easy to do.

1) Search for the track or album you want.
    2) Listen to the selected track.
    3) Click "Buy"
    4) Download to your library.
    5) Play.

Features about Google Play I like, I can upload up to 20,000 tracks if I like to my library. As long as I have my phone Im never away from my music. You can download your library to an external drive, I LOVE that feature. If my computer dies Im not worried about my music being lost. You can buy tracks and albums on your phone, tablet, mobile pc and it syncs up with your library across multiple devices (I think 9 is the maximum). Oh last but not least Google Play has been giving away albums and tracks for the last few weeks (not sure how long that will last though). I think I've added at least 100 records in freebies alone I love that. Give it a try it couldnt hurt.

I typically use Google Play over iTunes.

Never used it.

I've used google play since the beginning. Good stuff, especially since I'm an android phone guy. I don't buy much of anything from them though because for my DJ music, I typically use wav/aiff whenever possible.

But yes, the cloud possibilities are very nice.
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast